Chapter 35

Anna's POV

____________________

I woke up from a horror filled sleep . I squinted my eyes open and took in my surroundings . I was really hoping this was just a dream , that my sister didn't just tell me that her boyfriend is a werewolf or the fact that i just saw a creature in my backyard .

But i wasn't dreaming.  This is the reality i would have to come to terms with now . But how can i wrap my mind around this without being consumed by insanity . Who would have thought that the stories were true ? What else is out there that we don't know about ?

I walk out into the living room to search for Collin . I needed to know more . I saw him and Adri standing in the kitchen talking .

The share a knowing looking then stare at me .

" So are you gonna explain everything?" She asks him.

" No , I'll just bore her . Rodrick tells it better.  We'll just wait for him to get here " Collin replies .

" Do you eat people?" The question comes flying out of my mouth before i had time to think. 

Adriana and him both laugh .

" No "

" I'm not a zombie " he states .

" So zombies are real !? " i gasp

" No , they're not.  " he continues

" Just sit down . I'll explain " Adri says as she walks to the living room .

They begin to explain everything to me . About the little girl who was killed for her tears , the mother who cursed everyone , Dr.Parish , Liam  and the pack .

" This is a lot to take in . You're telling me that they're are other species other than humans living on this earth and i may or may not have interacted with them ?" i say and they nod .

" Wow , I'm just mind blown "

" Wait , are mermaids real ?" I ask excitedly

" Yea , Collin . I never really asked you that " Adri turns to him.

" Yes , they're real . But , you don't want to cross paths with a mermaid ." He answers

" Why ?" I ask

" They're insidious creatures . They'll lure you into the water and you don't want to know what they do to people they catch " he says .

" Okay " i said feeling a bit disappointed . I was hoping i could get to meet a mermaid some day but they don't seem too pleasant. 

" I'm sorry about your friend " i tell him .

" Liam is actually fine " he says while reading a text on his phone. 

" He actually just woke up " he says while rising to his feet .

Adriana sighed with relief .

" I have to go see him " he tells Adri .

" Yea , sure . Tell him i can't wait to see him " She responds.

I was going to ask why she didn't go with him but i just left the matter. 

" I'll be back soon " he tells her then gives her a light peck on her lips

A few minutes later we hear him drive off. 

" I love him " Adri says her cheeks turn pink instantly .

I wasn't really taken aback by what she said . It was really obvious that she loves him and he loves her . The way they look at each other . They was they gently touch each other .

" Awww , Adri . You guys are so cute , even tho he's not human " i say

" I'm sorry that you had to find out that way . I hope you don't think about it too much.  It's a lot to take in " She says .

" Well , of course I'm freaking out and barely holding on to my sanity . But , I'm glad you were there with me . "

" I really don't want to lose him Anna , but there's so much stuff happening . Too much supernatural stuff . He's great but sometimes i wish i didn't have to worry about him "

" That's undertsandable , but he's the big boss alpa " i say

" Alpha " she corrects me .

" He'll be fine , he's been keeping himself and the rest of them safe for all these years . He must be a pro by now " i say with a smile .

Third Person
Meanwhile back at the pack house Dr. Parish is planning her escape . She scans the dense dark walls of the cell she's confined in . It's cold and damp and moldy .

There are no windows so there's barely any light entering the room . There's a guard standing by her cell , his eyes stuck on her .

" Some water , please " she begs

The guard doesn't respond. 

" Some water !!!! " she shouts .

The guard stays passive and doesn't respond to her .

Just then another pack memeber emerges from behind the steel door that leads to the cell and whispers something in the guards ear .

They both look at her .

" What are you going to do now , kill me ?" She asks boldly .

They both leave then close the iron door behind them leaving her in pure darkness .

They weren't planning to kill her . Collin knew that killing her wouldn't be enough to pay back what she had to his friend . So he decided to keep her alive .

The guards meet Collin at his car to inform him of Liam's condition. The good news is they managed to stabilize him . The bad news is Dr. Parish apparently injected him with and unknown substance and it's hard to treat . That same substance is why he's still unconscious.

Collin goes to Liams bed side and grips his hand his . He whispers a promise to him u see his breath that he's going to make sure he's okay .

" I'll fix this" he says before making his way down to Dr. Parishes cell .

I'm sorry it's short ik. I'll update again soon . I promise this time 😭🤣

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwnzsAj--6Jq9DDEakTjZkg please subscribe to my YouTube channel!!!