Chapter 20

Notice : chapter is written in the third person .

_____________

He walks up to the front door , a bottle of Champaign in hand . Before he knocks, he runs his hand through his silky black hair , in an effort to keep it laid back .

He then knocks the door twice .

The door opens and he is greeted by Anna , the older twin . She gives him a warm smile .

" Come in " she tells him . He smiles back and steps into the house .

She ushers him into the dining room while making small talk , trying to dull down the awkwardness between them . It's not like she'd been introduced to the guy before .

Sure she has seen him around at school, but he always seemed so emotionless and mysterious . Plus he looked really boring and that wasn't her type of crowd, so she didn't make an effort to try to talk to him before .

" Adri will be down soon ..., in the mean time " she pauses and walks over to her ' boy' friend she brought over for dinner . Daniel , the same Daniel she went to the Halloween party with .

It's surprising that she has stuck to this guy for so long , she usually gets bored and moves on , but this guy is different .

" This is Daniel " she points to the blonde hair guy sitting at one end of the dining table .

Daniel greets Collin with an ' Hello '.
It's even more awkward for the two guys . It's like they're on a double date , with their girls' dad .

" And this is ,Jarred " she rolls her eyes as she mentions him . Due to Jarred' s countless irresponsible acts , the girls have grown up with no respect for him .

Jarred takes a seat at the rectangular shaped table , that is covered with white cloth and has a large quantity of food placed on it . It's also adorned with silverware .

Silver .

He had sensed it since the moment he set foot in the house . But he couldn't just back out of this now . He had already promised Adriana he would be here .

" It's uncle Jarred to you ... " Jarred says to his niece .

" Hello , Collin , I've heard much about you " He says trying to sound formal .

" All good things I hope "

" Depends on who I heard it from "
Jarred replies.

Everyone's attire is semi formal , the guys are wearing dress shirts and jeans . And Anna is wearing a white floral dress that has a tight bodice and is flared from the waist down .

Collin eyes the silverware again , he's had a lot of years to practice and master how to withstand the effects that silver has on werewolves .

But he can do this only for a limited time .

He can be around silver , that's no problem , but holding it in his palms for longer than he can will eventually start to take a toll on him and his wolf .

Plus there's a high possibility that his wolf will be forced to come out ,and take over, it will try to protect him just the same as it would if Collin was wounded . I guess he would have to eat fast if he wants all of that to be avoided . He can't imagine what his mate's reaction would be .

His eyes automatically refocuses to the bottom of the stairs , his wolf senses his mate . It's like slow motion when their eyes lock .

Her scent wafts into his nostrils and he almosts run to her .

She looks radient , angelic .

She tries to hide the blush that creeps up on her cheek when he flashes her a smile , but it only grows out of control . She's wearing the same dress as Anna . He wonders whose idea it was to dress alike .

He begins to make his way over to her , he couldn't keep his hands off her any longer but a big man steps in front of Adriana blocking her from his view .

Both of them are on the same height .

Collin's wolf feels threatened , it's instinct to remove any obstacle blocking a werewolf from their mate , even if that obstacle is their own mate's father .

He had mentioned before that Dan couldn't keep him away from his mate , and he meant it . And an Alpha always keeps his word .

" Shall we ?" He asks directing to the dinner table .

Collin nods and backs away , and heads towards the table to take a seat .

Adri walks over and is about to sit beside Collin but is told not to by her father . Jarred agrees with Dan's decision and suggest she sit next to him .

Same thing goes for Anna .

Everyone is now seated at the table .
The twins are seated between Dan and Jarred and Collin and Daniel are at either ends of the table .

Dan really seems to be taking this too far . The Alpha doesn't like when things doesn't go his way .

" So , you two , what is it that you want from my daughters ?" He asks them to get them on edge , this is a very tricky question.

Daniel opens and closes his mouth and Collin stays silent , no doubt thinking of something smart to throw at the super overprotective father .

" Well , Mr. Francis .." Daniel begins .

" You can call me Dan "

" Well Dan .." the girls gasp , Dan is very formal and strict when it comes to his daughters and boys .

And he will definitely not tolerate being called by his first name by harmone crazed teenage boys .

" That was a trick , to see how much respect you really have for the man whose daughter you want to date " Dan says sternly . Anna stares at Daniel apologetically .

" How about you , Collin ?, what do you want from Adri ?" Jarred asks trying to sound as stern and firm as Dan , which he fails at .

Collin looks up at his mate , he looks at her face , he goes from her eyes to her lips then down to her neck .
There's a lot of things he could think of, but he would only share the most important ones with her .

For instance , marking her .

He then stares at Dan , like a real stare , man to man stare .

" Since the first day I saw your daughter , until now , her beauty still captivates me , she's funny , her smile brights up an entire room and she's smart . I wasn't a very easy person to deal with , I might have scared her off once , but she manages to give me joy, and during the time we've spent together I've been nothing short of happy , she completes me " he stares at Adri momentarily , her and everyone else's mouth is slightly agape .

"So to answer your question ' sir ' , I don't really want anything from your daughter , she's given me enough , so now, I just want to give her everything . "

●●●●●●●●●●●
I really need to find a Collin for myself !!! . Isn't he romantic ?

Adriana is a lucky girl .

Entywho , I hope you like it .. it's short I know but this is how I want this chapter to be , short and spicy . Like me ( lol)

Please Vote and Comment people .

I can't stress the word please anymore , and please share .

♡ D.