Chapter 33

" He's going to make it " one of the other werewolves from the pack places their hand on Collin's shoulders for reassurance. 

" Let's hope so " Collin responds. 

They were driving to the pack house to see Dr.Matt . They had already called him to make him know that Liam's condition was critical ; he needed to be prepared .

Speaking of calls . Collin had just remembered that he had not checked in on Adriana . A lot of crazy things were happening and it had some how slipped his mind to call his mate .

He dialed her number and put the phone to his ear .

It rung about 4 times then it went to voicemail.

Rodrick saw how worried he looked.

" What's wrong ?" He asks .

" Adri is not picking up " Collin responds .

" You should go check on her " Rodrick suggests .

Sure Collin was thinking of doing that but his bestfriend needs him too . How could he choose between his bestfriend and his mate ?

" He's going to be fine , i promise " Rodrick reassures him .

" Okay , I'll  head over to Adri's as soon as i know that Liam has made it to Dr. Matt "

After a long drive they had finally made it to the pack house.  The alpha was greeted by his people ; the old , the young .

Everyone in the pack welcomed them with happy faces thinking that this would be a cheerful visit.  Their hearts broke when they saw Liam's unconcious body being escorted on a makeshift bed to the pack doctors quarters . They discreetly brought Dr. Parish to one of the cells .

Collin and Rodrick consoled them. They informed them of what was happening and told them to be very alert . They told them about Dr .Parish and what she did to Liam. 

They always seem to skip out the details of what they did concerning Leonardo . Their secrets and their dirty deeds they had done for Leonardo back in the day .

" I'm gonna go now " Collin informs Rodrick and the rest of the men .

They all nod . Collin proceeds to go to his car . That's when he feels his blood run cold and the hair on his back start to stand on edge .

Something is definitely wrong . That's all he could think . He pushed away all the negative thoughts to the back of his head . He couldn't bare the thought of thinking about something bad happening to Adriana .

He drove as fast as he could . Although It would take him a fair amount of time to get to her , he still held on to his hope .

Back at Adriana's place , she and Chris were hiding under a picnic bench .

The monster was big and slow and didn't look very sensible , so staying quiet and unseen until Anna came back would be their best option.

Adriana gave Chris' hand a tight squeeze and then closed her eyes . She was hoping that by staying really still and not making a sound the monster might give up and lose interest.

Unfortunately the monster caught the scent of Chris' blood.  It followed the thick metalic smell . It walked towards the table . Adriana noticed this and her heart started to beat so loud she could hear it .

She opened her eyes to face Chris . He gave her the same look she was giving him.  Both of them were frightened and didn't know what else to do .

If they crawled out from under the table the monster would grab them or crush them .

There's a loud rev heard from the other side of the fence . Next thing they hear is the loud crash of the board fence been run down by a car .

Anna shows up just in time and drives straight into the monster throwing it a good distance away .

" Get in " she says .

" I've never been this happy to see you" Adriana says .

" It wasn't easy finding those keys but i did  ."

They hear a heavy growl then realize that the monster had recuperated from the hit .

" I think we should get out of here now " Chris says .

" But shouldn't we warn everyone first . I mean there is a monster in our yard " Anna exclaims

" I don't think it wants to hurt them . It just wants me " Adriana says .

" But why ? " Anna says as she runs through yet another fence . She then nanages to get the car on the road .

" You wouldn't believe me if i told u " She replies.  She then remembers she had this same conversation with Collin.

He had told her that she wouldn't believe . But here she is a few months later ; in his world . And now, she's facing his dangers .

" My boyfriend's a werewolf , so is Chris apparently " Adriana says . She didn't know how to smooth it over any better . The nights events had left her too exhausted.

" A werewolf  ?" Anna asks

" As in howl at the frickin moon werewolf ?"

" As in twilight Jacob werewolf?"

" Yes " Chris and Adri answer in unison. 

" Wow " she exclaims .

" Funny thing is , i don't know when it happened to me " Chris pronounces , leaving both Adriana and Anna with more unanswered questions. 

" Where we heading?" Anna asks

" To Collin's " Adri replies.

#######$$$$$$$######$$#$$#######

Collin had arrived at Adriana's place . He sensed two unfamiliar scents and he knew it was trouble. 

He was calling out Adriana's name hoping that he would find her and she was unarmed . He saw the broken door and the trail of blood . That's where he picked up her scent .

He saw the destruction of the fence and prayed that it was her that drove through it trying to get away .

Just then he was attacked from behind and thrown to the floor .

" Not this time " he growled.  He saw a monster like the one he and Rodrick fought. It was trying to strangle him .

Collin quickly elongated his claws and dug deep in the monsters chest .

It's heart stopped and it fell to it's knees .

Collin hauled the body to his car . He did not want anybody to see that such monstrous things exist. 

" Fuck " he screamed as he banged on his staring wheel .

Everything was going wrong.  His best friend was on the brink of death and he had no clue where his mate could have gone .

Just then he receives a call from Rodrick.

" How is she ?" He asks .

" I.. i can't find her " He Collin answers  almost sobbing .

" Her house is in shambles . One of the monsters was here . I killed it" he continued .

" Check your apartment, Collin . That's the only other place she would have gone to if she wanted to be safe "

" You're  right " Collin tells him . He was so confused by all that was happening he was not thinking to check at his place .

" I'll call you when i find her " he tells him .

Collin puts his car into drive and speeds off .