Chapter 2: World, Welcome the New Me

Gerald exhaustingly slump on the bed. Solid plans for revenge swirling round his brain.

Come to think of it,

Rebirth. A life after death.

Only, he was reborn on exactly the same place, being exactly the same person,-not really exactly though.. He became his 18 year old self. He came back to his time when he was still vigorous, When he was a happy and talented young man with a promising future. Back when people look up to him and wasn't just threatened of his business prowess or disgusted with his utterly disfigured face.

Gerald couldn't help but caress his face once more.

His eyebrows are still thick and arched, his eyelids aren't stuck together,and his eyes are surrounded by long and thick eyelashes. Even his nose is still aquiline and pointy, Far from the crooked and wrinkled one it resulted to. And his lips, it came back to the thin and soft it was once was.

Tears again welled down his eyes. He just let it flow down the cheeks that were free from long scarred bone deep wounds.

If this tears can just wipe out all the sufferings and depression he suffered for the last 20 years. He just lost this appearance but the world fully abandoned him.

Gerald was never vain. He knew that most people liked his face and inheritance but he never thought of using it to his advantage.

Despite their clear adoration, he wanted to be loved for his talent as his own identity.

But what a naive young man he was, who knew that he would lose almost everything he wanted when he lost the thing that he thought mattered the least?

His beloved mother was known as the most beautiful daughter of a rumored english noble descendant before she married his older but overly wealthy-for-his-own-good father. After three years of marriage and with a wife pregnant with their unborn son, his father died. He was sniped during a speech for a fund raising foundation.

His former meek mother had to brave the cold and protect his husband's inheritance and unborn child from the bloodsuckers called relatives.

Gerald grew up loved and personally cared for by his outwardly strict but sweet and protective mother.

He was ignorantly raised believing that the world is full of roses. Not knowing that it might be true, but those roses are infested by pests that won't hesitate to kill you regardless of kin.

After plotting for his father but regretfully leaving a root, the vermin went after him next.

The unknown fucker kidnapped this stupid young master. the stupid young man was tortured, disfigured and shot on the head but was rescued. He didn't die.

He just lived dying..

People that adored him shot him down with degrading words.

Friends that supported him couldn't even look at his ugly figure.

Everyone left. Except for his loving mother who cried a river and a hidden worm that killed him in the end.

Hurt but foolish enough not to be Disheartened, he showed off his skills and abilities, thinking that he could redeem all that he lost. he brought the empire his parents built to new heights. He was even hailed a legend in the business world.

A legend that was fucking asked by a freaking magazine to wear a mask before he was featured in the former.

Gerald sniffed and cut his memory lane.

He sit up and run his hands to his hair.

"I have to come back.." He whispered with solid resolve.

Gerald believed he already used all his stupidity in his former self to last him a lifetime. It's time to abandon those that did that to him. 38 years is enough to learn that he should not seek to please the world. The world wouldn't care for a martyr's death. It will just continue revolving around living and beautiful main characters.

It Is time to retaliate to the people that hurt him and his mother.

Even with his former clouded mind, he was a fucking genius. What more when the burden was lift off his shoulder?

A revenge plan is lying crafted in his mind.

The time for just payment is long overdue. They have to pay a hefty price now.

Heroes aren't needed at peaceful time? Fuck you, Rick. He was never a hero.

Even if this miracle is demonic, who cares?

He'll be back. And with a vengeance. .

"when i climb up from hell, i'll stomp all of you down, when you thought i'm gone, i'll come back and hunt all of you dead. You fuckers, this is payment.."

With a newfound strength, he lost all tiredness and stood up, fetch his keys, wallet and phone.

No. It's not his. It's Gerald's.

the Gerald then already died and was killed when his snake of a friend shot him. He had to live with a new identity.

this new him will take back the former Gerald's belongings. With interest.

this new him will pay back the former Gerald's debts. Also With interest.

And the new him will live a better life than the former Gerald. Completely Free from pests and worms.

He opened the door and disregarded the sharp rays of the sun and the loud waves.

He smiled with bitterness.

That fucking Rick threw him to his private island that only the two of them knew. He really wanted him to rot alone, huh?

Cold and resentment ooze from him. There sure is a deeper plot for this. Anyway, he has a lot of time. It's for him to find out.

Without warmth or pleasantries, he greeted , "Welcome to the world, new me."