Chapter 44: La Citta Di Smeraldo

Based on Sigmund Freud Personality Theory,

The psyche is divided into 3 parts.

First, the ID that only knows instinct that goes,

'I really fucking want to smash my lips to his and kiss him until one of us can't breath.'

Second, the SUPEREGO that urges you to follow social rules and morals,

'Fucking thirsty bitch, you're outside! Have some decency!'

And lastly, the EGO which balances the demands of both ID and SUPEREGO.

'I should just kiss him when we're inside.'

Each of the Parts are suppose to follow their pre-emptive functions. But what should I do when all of them, with all my being, seemed to forget that they should balance out and just downright let the ID do his things while the EGO and Superego cheer on the side?

I saw Alexander and like a Pavlov's dog, all I can remember is how his lips seems to belong with mine. Whenever they meet, they just create Magic.

- Memoirs of Ace's Laments

--------------------

Even after they left and were currently on the elevator, Ace still wouldn't stop grumbling because of that Rick shit while Harold's still not done worshipping the middle finger salute

*Buzz!*

Ace took out his phone from his coat pocket. Someone's calling.

And not just 'someone'!

Ace immediately stopped Harold's rambling with a hand. "Wait wait, shut up for a moment. My darling's calling."

Sarah rolled her eyes at the sudden smug and boasting tone from her boss' voice. Gross.

Harold obediently zip his mouth. Yeah yeah. Nothing's more important than your darling.

Ace first prepped his throat before answering the call. "Hello?" His voice became just a little bit thinner, a little bit sweeter, and a little bit softer.

A short pause and the voice he would want to always hear before he fall asleep and after he woke up answered. "I'm waiting for you downstairs."

.

.

Oh my god. What?

Ace felt like he was just injected by a full dose of happiness and his heart might just burst.

"W-what... W-why... You don't have to do that... My god... Were you waiting long?" Ace panicked and look around the elevator as if thinking how he can get out of there and arrive to Alexander fast.

Sarah disdainfully watch his boss act like a teenage female lead of a knock off cringy coming of age movie.

Ace tried to calm himself down to keep from creeping Alexander out and just started to watch the screen above the door carefully.

"Wait for me... I-i'm at the 8th floor already..." He docilely reported with a bashful expression on his face.

Sarah gagged.

"I'm waiting."

Ace smiled so brightly he shines brighter than the sun.

At last, the long awaited *Ting* from the elevator door arrived.

Ace immediately ran off the elevator and true enough, the most magnificent view welcomed him in the lobby.

There he was, the love of his life, elegantly sitting in the waiting area unaware of how he washed away all the negative feelings and Filled his Heart with neverending love.

"Alexander." Ace happily went to Alexander's side.

The man stood up from his seat and welcomed Ace's embrace.

'Voyuer bastards...' sarah thought.

Everyone were looking at them but both of them didn't care.

'I've got the best baby in my arms, why would I waste my attention on useless stuffs?'

"You should've told me you wanted to meet. I would've come to you instead." Ace complained but the wide smile on his face tells otherwise.

Alexander stare at Ace and can't help but give his cute face a kiss. Sweet thing. Just a small thing and he looks like he was given the world.

Ace blushed but smiled wider.

"You were busy." Alexander answered.

Ace wanted to say 'I'm never busy for you.' but he doesn't want to make light of his wifey's efforts. So he just tiptoed and gave him a kiss too. "You're so thoughtful."

Alexander put a hand on the top of Ace's head and rub it like he's a little dog. The stupid dog enjoyed the gesture and showed a euphoric expression.

Sebastian, which is patiently waiting for the lovebirds to finish their daily dose of dizzying, puke-provoking and gut-wrenching PDA, immediately stepped forward once Ace took Alexander's hand, kissed it then lock their fingers together.

He respectfully handed a card to Ace.

Ace confusedly look at Sebastian then to Alexander before he opened the card.

Harold watch dumbly as Ace's eyes widen and a surprised expression followed. He can't help himself to also take a peak.

Uh...

What's that?

La Citta Di Smeraldo...

Hmm... Is It a name of a resort or a hotel or what?

Harold tsk in his mind and can't help but give the still stunned young master a look. 'the fudge? You scared me there! Why exaggerate like that, dude? I thought it was a proposal for a minute!'

-------------------