Chapter 35: You're Dead When Your Wifey Knows

While chatting with his former-childhood-friend-turned-Uncle, Ace relieved his nerves.

His hands fortunately stopped their damned shaking and he was able to take them off his pockets.

Shit! He thought he had to brave through this night looking like a gangster!

Jin Hwan was really nice. He enjoyed talking to him. In fact, they already set their next meeting on one of Jin Hwan's Hotel Restaurant 15 minutes after they started talking! As a 38 year old shut-in, that's Lightning speed, Man!

But of course, as a businessman talking to another businessman, they didn't only chit-chat. In fact, He learned that the Lee's that ventures mostly on Service and Entertainnent Business owned the biggest part of the said Market.

He can't help asking about the news that arose about him.

Unknowingly, this childhood friend was the one behind his 'Once in a Century Genius' Title.

Shy but also touched. Happy but Overwhelmed. that is how Ace feels right now.

They stopped noticing the crowd and eventually moved to the verandah of the hotel to chat much more comfortably.

They sat there looking at the city light with their chaperones awkwardly standing on one side.

'Whoa whoa there, Master! This is the first time you actually chatted with another person with that smile on your face! You look like a grandfather chatting with his long lost grandson!' - Jin Hwan's Confidante thought.

Meanwhile...

'He can actually talk that long without cussing.' - Harold thought.

"Anyway, You can always talk to me whenever." - Jin Hwan suddenly shifted their lighthearted chatting and his eyes suddenly show a glint of danger.

Ace immediately understood his underlying meaning and just smirked with an equally dangerous vibe as Jin Hwan. "Nah... No worries, Uncle. I've got it all covered. If someone dared fuck me up, I'll fuck them up triple."

Jin Hwan was stunned. This guy...

Eventually, he let out a laugh and shook his head.

What do you expect from Gerald's son? He's as airheaded as his father. They are really too damned alike...

Looking at Jin Hwan, George can't help thinking, 'No, You're wrong. If the young master claimed he's only second on using underlying and superflous word, the one to claim the first place would be beaten down to dust.'

Ace of course, guessed what Jin Hwan is thinking.

He understood the hidden meaning but he chose to be casual and straight forward.

He will only use those wordgames and tricks on his enemies. No use working up braincells on conversing with people close to him.

Well, that's what he believes. But deep in his heart, he just got soft from the small trace of sadness from Jin Hwan whenever their conversation drifted to him supposedly being 'forced to mature'.

He maybe wanted to give Jin Hwan a chance to act as the kind Uncle that he can be unguarded with.

Ace look at the relief that showed on the other man's face.

'He's really a good guy.' - He thought.

"You're really just like your father." Jin Hwan look at his face with the same melancholy as earlier.

Ace may not notice due to his circumstances but his three chaperones eventually frowned from the continued, 'your father this, you're father that.'

What's the deal with this guy? He's a good man but why does he seemed too obsessed with the late Master? Are you for real?

Looking at Ace's face, Jin Hwan's fox-like eyes drifted from Ace's eyes, then his nose, to his lips until he seemed like his soul got lost and just stared at his too familiar face.

The man in front of him looks exactly the same as the young man who will smile at him beautifully whenever he ran to him calling 'Hyung.'

Jin Hwan felt like he just blinked and the last 20 years of his life where just a lie...

'He' is still here wearing the same bright smile on his gorgeous face... 

The crew as well as his chaperone were dumbstruck looking at this type of Jin Hwan

Oh man, holy shit!

.

.

.

What the fuck?!

They were not fucking ready for this fucking drama!!!

.

Ace has high IQ but fucking low EQ.

He can understand almost everything as long as it's not about emotions or the matters of the heart.

He even thought. 'What a good brother. He really damned missed me, huh.'

Ha.

What an Idiot.

What a Fucking Idiot..

-------
A/n: I feel kinda weird about this. i'm not used to adding Love Rivals in my works because I have a Second-male-lead-syndrome. But well, Jin Hwan is actually a character from my new story so I reluctantly did it XD. The pic above is Kim Jin Hwan or Jay from IKON.