Epilogue

I had been staring at my textbook for 10 minutes and had yet to read a line. I should finish reading this soon before Som snaps at me again. But I was so full after lunch and the weather was so pleasant all I could think of was how amazing a nap would be right now.

Som was tutoring Kong and me for our final exams. Fine, I can be honest. He was tutoring me. Kong was doing just fine whereas Som had been barking curses at me almost non-stop.

Returning to university had been easier than I feared. I had finally met my friends after many weeks and I wasn't sure what their reaction would be. It ranged from pretending nothing happened to being extremely upset with me. Knott had even refused to look or talk to me at all. They have discovered so many things I had hidden from them for four years. I could understand how betrayed they must have felt. All of us were standing around awkwardly wondering how to bring things back to the way they used to be, when a broadly smiling Kong approached us from the opposite side.

"Hi P'Arthit" and then smack-dab in the middle of the campus he gave me the sloppiest, wettest kiss possible. Wiped my mouth with his shirt sleeve and with a "I will see you later at home ok?" walked away. I turned to see my all friends staring at me with their mouths hanging open. And then ofcourse the teasing started. Which has yet to subside.

I will graduate one I finish this exam week. I have a couple of job offers but Som has been insisting I work at his company. I haven't made up my mind yet. Som has already done so much for me that I can't possibly take any more favors from him. I stopped working at the factory at night, but every so often Som will call me late at night and I go meet him at the bench behind the factory.

Kong is...well Kong.

We started dating after the night I barged into his room in the middle of the night. At times it has been challenging. We are just so different. I had loved him for so long but never had the confidence to make the first move. He had taken over a year to realize his feelings but then barely waited a few days before confessing them. But I have never been as happy as I am when Kong is beside me. We haven't slept apart since that night and hopefully we will never have to.

"Can you stop dreaming boy! I haven't gotten all day."

"Som you do have all day. You have nothing else to do."

"I do have something to do, I have to get away from here. Did we have to pick this annoying café? It's so bright, and crowded, and noisy and everyone is just so.....happy."

"Don't worry Som if we keep staying here you will suck the happiness right out of the air. Then all of us will look as sour as you."

"Ha! As if you can comment on my looks. Who do you think Kong got his from?"

"You looked like Kong? Good thing it's his personality I fell for."

"Really? Cause I distinctly recall a conversation of you describing the results of his workout routine."

"Som!!"

Kong laughed and leaned in to whisper in my ear, "In that case you must be really satisfied with the results now P'Arthit, since you have become my main workout."

Oh God. This is my life now!

***************

Author's Note

That's all folks! Thank you everyone for reading and managing to stick it out till the end. I hope you enjoyed! :)

***************