Chapter 36

SOTC- Not Over You- Gavin DeGraw

Chapter 36

-Natalie's POV-
I'm basically done with Rob. He- ugh just is ruining me now. I get in my car and drive. I'm not really sure where, maybe off a cliff..
My phone is blowing up with messages, probably from Rob..
I glance to my gas gage. Almost empty. Damnit. I pull over to the Gulf station and ask to fill it up. I grab my phone and turn it on.
....two hundred and ninety three messages....
Hey
Where are you?
I'm sorry
I'm so sorry
I was 16
I was an idiot.
I love you
Come back
Please
Please
I am so sorry Nat
Pls
Pls
Pls
Pls
C'mon please
PLEASE NATALIE!
Are you dead?
Please answer, even if it's something mean.
I want to see if you are alive
Please text something
"Stop texting me" I wrote and shut my phone off.
"Thank you," I tell the engineer, driving away. I don't really have any idea where I'm going. Maybe Toronto, Quebec or somewhere away from Montréal. I continue to drive and I stop short. The car in front of me stopped quickly. I slam into the wheel and then push myself into the chair. I ignore it and go around the car. Then, I feel a slam into the back and front of my car.
-
(This is going to be her hearing this passed out)
"Where's her phone?"
"It's there, turn it on."
"Hello? Yes, who is this? Okay, hello Rob, we found a girl, I'm not sure if you know her, but you must since we found her phone. Her name is.. Natalie. Do you know this girl? Oh, you do. Okay, can you come to the Quebec County Hospital? She got into a bad car accident, okay, bye."

-time skip to hospital-

-Robert's POV-
I arrive at the hospital.
"Natalie Landson, please," I say to the receptionist.
"Sit down, we will make you see her shortly."
Oh my god, this is all my fault. I made her pissed. She never answered my calls or texts.
"Robert Latsky, Natalie and the nurse are ready to see you," the receptionist says. I get up from my chair and solemnly walk into the room. Natalie is asleep, lying calmly on the bed. She is wearing a hospital dress and there are wires hooked into her arms. They also have little tubes hooked into her nose.
"Is she okay?" I ask, sitting down.
"Well, sort of. She is in a coma. We aren't sure when she will wake up. But, on the bright side, we noted that she will not lose her memory. She will-hopefully-wake up and be herself again. The coma can be for an hour to a year or more. We aren't really sure. The longer in the coma, the more her body will shut down. She can pass on. I'm sorry, I-along with other nurses and doctors- will be checking on her every day, and we will notify you when she wakes up," the nurse informs.
"Um, okay, thank you," I say, grinning. When she leaves, I wipe my eyes.
"Natalie, I'm so, so, so sorry. I was being such a f***ing idiot. I'm sorry. This is my fault. If you die, it's my fault. I might have killed you. You are so strong Natalie, you will wake up. I can't kiss you awake anymore, you need to do it on your own. You can do it. I hope you hear me, from heaven or from here. But, I know. You are such an amazing woman. You make my days better. You make me happy, Natalie," I cry, putting my head in my hands. I look up at her and then see the heart beat meter go faster, then slow down. Did she hear me?
"I love you Natalie. More then I ever did before about anyone. You are so funny, smart, intelligent, beautiful and most of all, kind. You are so sweet and smart. And, I'm in love with you Natalie. With your kindness, beauty, and intelligence. I love you," I say, before crying some more. I calm myself down within 10 minutes, then I kiss her lips. They aren't like usual. They are cold. She is so lifeless now.
"I love you, beautiful."