Chapter 1: Surtur Kidnapped Thor

Thor laid in chains in a cage in a place that resembled hell.

"Now, I know what you're thinking. 'Oh, no! Thor's in a cage. How did this happen?' Well, sometimes you have to get captured just to get a straight answer out of somebody. It's a long story, but basically, I'm a bit of a hero. See, I spent some time on Earth...Fought some robots, saved the planet a couple of times. Then I went searching through the Cosmos for some magic, colorful Infinity Stone things. Didn't find any. That's when I came across a path of death and destruction, which led me all the way here into this cage, where I met you," he explained.

But he was actually talking to an alien skeleton, whose bottom jaw fell off.

"How much longer do you think we'll be here?" Thor asked.

The cage then opened and Thor fell out until the chain kept him in midair just a little ways from the ground. The alien skeleton just crashed on the floor. Then Thor saw his captor.

"Thor, son of Odin," Surtur greeted evilly.

"Surtur, son of a bitch. You're still alive. I thought my father killed you a half a million years ago," Thor remarked.

"I cannot die. Not until I fulfill my destiny and lay waste to your home," Surtur said.

"It's funny you should mention that. Because I've been having these terrible dreams of late. Asgard up in flames, falling to ruins. And you, Surtur, are at the center of all of them," Thor explained.

"Then you have seen Ragnarok, the fall of Asgard. The great prophecy--" Surtur started.

"Hang on. Hang on. I'll be back around shortly. I really feel like we were connecting there," Thor said as he was spinning slowly.

He finally came back around.

"Okay, so Ragnarok. Tell me about that. Walk me through it," Thor said.

"My time has come. When my crown is reunited with the Eternal Flame, I shall be restored to my full might. I will tower over the mountains, and bury my sword deep in Asgard's--" Surtur continued.

"Hang on. Give it a second. I swear, I'm not even moving. It's just doing this on its own. I'm really sorry," Thor said as he spun again, came face to face with him again, then said, "Okay, so let me get this straight. You're going to put your crown into the Eternal Flame and then you'll suddenly grow as big as a house?"

"A mountain!" Surtur shouted.

"The Eternal Flame that Odin keeps locked away on Asgard?" Thor questioned.

"Odin is not on Asgard. And your absence has left the throne defenseless," Surtur smirked.

That made Thor confused. If Odin wasn't on Asgard, then who has ruled for the past couple of years and where is the real Odin?

"Okay, so where is it? This crown?" Thor asked.

"This is my crown, the source of my power," Surtur answered, indicating what was on his head.

"Oh, that's a crown. I thought it was a big eyebrow," Thor remarked.

"It's a crown," Surtur responded.

"Anyway, it sounds like all I have to do to stop Ragnarok is rip that thing off your head," Thor stated.

"But Ragnarok has already begun. You cannot stop it. I am Asgard's doom, and so are you. All will suffer, all will burn," Surtur proclaimed.

"That's intense. To be honest, seeing you grow really big and set fire to a planet would be quite the spectacle. But it looks like I'm gonna have to choose option B, where I bust out of these chains, knock that tiara off your head, and stash it away in Asgard's vault," Thor explained.

"You cannot stop Ragnarok. Why fight it?" Surtur pointed out.

"Because that's what heroes do," Thor smirked.

He then summoned Mjölnir, but it didn't come right away.

"Wait, I'm sorry. I didn't time that right," Thor admitted, waited, then said, "And, now!"

Mjölnir appeared and Thor freed himself, grabbed the hammer, and landed.

"You have made a grave mistake, Odinson," Surtur threatened as a fire creature appeared from the wall.

"I make grave mistakes all the time. Everything seems to work out," Thor shrugged.

They launched into battle. It took some time, but Thor managed to get the crown and strapped it on his back. When he looked back, an army of fire demons were charging at him.

"Heimdall, I know it's been a while, but I could really use a fast exit," Thor requested.

He lifted his hammer to get out, but the BiFrost didn't activate.

"Heimdall?" Thor called, but he was forced to fight off the army.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Thor really needs to get out of there!