Chapter 13: Thor Meets the Grandmaster

Thor woke up, strapped to a chair that moved to show the history of Sakaar.

"Fear not, for you are found. You are home, and there is no going back. No one leaves this place. But what is this place? The answer is Sakaar. Surrounded by cosmic gateways, Sakaar lives on the edge of the known and unknown. It is the collection point for all lost and unloved things. Like you. But here on Sakaar, you are significant. You are valuable. Here you are loved," the soothing voice explained.

"What the hell?" Thor questioned.

"And no one loves you more than the Grandmaster. He is the original, the first lost and the first found. The creator of Sakaar, and father of the Contest of Champions. Where once you were nothing, now you are something. You are the property of the Grandmaster. Congratulations! You will meet the Grandmaster in five seconds. Prepare yourself. Prepare yourself. You are now meeting the Grandmaster," the soothing voice continued.

Thor screamed as he sped up. Then he stopped when he saw he was in the throne room of the Grandmaster.

"He's wonderful. It is a he?" Grandmaster asked.

"It is a he," Valkyrie answered.

"Yeah. I love when you come to visit, 142. You bring me the best stuff. Whenever we get to talking, Topaz, about Scrapper 142, what do I always say? 'She is the...' And it starts with a 'B,'" Grandmaster said.

"Trash," Topaz answered.

"No, not trash. Were you waiting just to call her that? It doesn't start with a 'B,'" Grandmaster remarked.

"Booze hag," Topaz said, making Valkyrie glare at her.

"I'm so sorry. No, 'best.' I was thinking about 'best.' 'Cause I always say you're the best. She brought me my beloved champion, you know," Grandmaster stated.

"You say that every time she's here," Topaz pointed out.

"What have you brought today? Tell me," Grandmaster asked.

"A contender," Valkyrie answered.

"A what?" Thor questioned.

"I need to go closer. I want to get a closer look at this. Can you take us closer? Thank you," Grandmaster requested.

Topaz obeyed as Thor tried to get free from his restraints.

"Pay this lady," Grandmaster told Topaz.

"Just wait a damn minute. I'm not for sale," Thor protested, freeing himself until Valkyrie shocked him.

"Man, he's a fighter," Grandmaster chuckled.

"I'd take 10 million," Valkyrie said.

"Tell her she's dreaming," Topaz responded.

"For heaven's sakes, transfer the units," Grandmaster commanded.

Topaz obeyed while Valkyrie smirked and started walking away.

"You'll pay for this," Thor threatened.

"No, I got paid for this," Valkyrie stated, the smirk not leaving her face as she left.

"Here's what I wanna know. Who are you?" Grandmaster asked as he walked to Thor, whose arms were attached to the chair again.

"I am the God of Thunder!" Thor yelled as he freed himself again, the cuffs still attached to his wrists and bits of lightning coming on his fingers.

"I didn't hear any thunder, but out of your fingers, was that sparkles?" Grandmaster wondered with a smile.

"We've located your cousin," Topaz informed.

"Good! Yeah, come on. I think you're gonna like this," Grandmaster said.

He had them bring Thor's chair to a man, named Carlo, who was in a similar chair and petrified.

"There he is," Grandmaster replied then asked Carlo, "Hey, cuz. We almost couldn't find you. What, you been hiding?"

"Hi," Thor greeted, but the guy whimpered in response.

"So..." Grandmaster started.

"Please. I'm sorry," Carlo apologized.

"Yeah. Carlo...I pardon you," Grandmaster told him as Topaz handed him the burn stick.

"Thank you. Thank you," Carlo sighed in relief.

"You're officially pardoned. From life," Grandmaster said.

He pressed the burn stick to Carlo's chest and he started melting and screaming.

"Help me," he yelled.

"Oh, my God!" Thor exclaimed.

"I'm stepping in it. I'm stepping in it. Look!" Grandmaster stated, standing on one foot.

Thor cringed and complained, "Oh, the smell."

"What does it smell like?" Grandmaster asked.

"Burnt toast," Topaz answered with a smirk.

Grandmaster laughed then added, "What happened to my manners? I haven't properly introduced myself. Come on. Follow me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Grandmaster is a total lune, but Jeff Goldblum is awesome!