Chapter 33: Separate Paths

Thor leaned against the wall as Loki typed in the access code. Around them were guards they beat up.

"Hey, so, listen. We should talk," Thor said, making Loki stop for a minute.

"I disagree. Open communication was never our family's forte," Loki pointed out, finishing the code, and they entered the next room.

"You have no idea. Been quite the revelation since we last spoke," Thor told him, they held up huge guns, then he greeted the guards, which got their attention, "Hello."

"Hi," Loki did the same.

They started blasting the guards as they walked forward. The guards fired back and the brothers took cover.

"Odin brought us together. It's almost poetic that his death should split us apart," Loki pointed out.

They kept going until the door closed behind them and Loki typed in another code for the elevator.

"We might as well be strangers now. Two sons of the crown, set adrift," Loki replied.

The elevator door opened to reveal another guard with his gun pointed at his head. Loki put his hands in surrender until Thor shoved the gun down as he fired, making him go up toward the ceiling.

"Thought you didn't wanna talk about it," Thor reminded him as the guard fell in front of Loki.

"Here's the thing. Jamie and I are probably better off staying here on Sakaar," Loki said as they entered the elevator.

"That's exactly what I was thinking," Thor agreed.

That caught Loki off guard and he asked, "Did you just agree with me?"

"Jamie told me. Plus, come on, this place is perfect for you. It's savage, chaotic, lawless...Brother, you're gonna do great here. Even though it doesn't fit Jamie, she follows you everywhere," Thor pointed out.

"Do you truly think so little of me?" Loki wondered.

"Loki, I thought the world of you. Jamie always has. I thought we were gonna fight side by side forever. But at the end of the day, you're you and I'm me. I don't know, maybe there's still good in you. Jamie will say that there is. But let's be honest, our paths diverged a long time ago," Thor told him.

"Yeah. It's probably for the best that we never see each other again," Loki remarked.

"It's what you always wanted," Thor said, patted his back, then added, "But I will say this. When Jamie told me about you two staying here, she said that because Earth has nothing left for her, we both were her home, and she refused to pick sides because of her promise to Father. But she still thought it was a good idea to stay with you because you two would have a future that Earth could not offer you both. You're lucky to have her, so always look out for her like she does for you."

Loki processed what he said. Jamie really said all that? She was willing to stay with him even though she wants to keep her promise to Odin. Loki smiled slightly at this, thinking about their future together.

"Hey, let's do 'Get Help,'" Thor said, getting Loki's attention again.

"What?" Loki questioned.

"'Get Help,'" Thor repeated.

"No," Loki refused, his smile gone.

"Come on, you love it," Thor smirked.

"I hate it," Loki protested.

"It's great. It works every time," Thor pointed out.

"It's humiliating," Loki stated.

"Do you have a better plan?" Thor asked.

"No," Loki answered.

"We're doing it," Thor decided.

"We are not doing 'Get Help,'" Loki remarked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Oh yes you are! 😆