Chapter 45: Special Surprise

They went to a part of the ship that had the best view of space. Jamie looked at the cosmos in amazement as Loki approached her from behind with a black box behind his back.

 Jamie looked at the cosmos in amazement as Loki approached her from behind with a black box behind his back

"Loki, this is beautiful," Jamie said.

"I've seen more magnificent. And she's with me right now," Loki responded.

She turned to him and told him, "You really know how to make me the luckiest girl alive."

"I feel as if I'm the lucky one," he pointed out.

She smiled as they wrapped their arms around each other, their foreheads touching and them swaying from side to side.

"I love you, Jamie Dabbs," he whispered.

"I love you too, Loki Laufeyson," she whispered back.

"I have a very important question to ask you and it's something I should've done a long time ago," Loki said.

"Okay," Jamie responded.

They looked at each other and he revealed the black box he had. He stepped back and Jamie realized what he was doing as he got down on one knee. She cupped her mouth as tears started forming in her eyes and she smiled uncontrollably.

"Jamie, you are the first person, not just from Midgard, but ever to understand me from before we met. I never knew I would relate to and find love with someone from Earth, even after the invasion. You knew my reasons behind them all and stayed by my side, even after I sent you back home. I shouldn't have let you go and I won't ever do it again. I promise to be by your side, even after my final breath. So, Jamie of Midgard," Loki explained, opened the box to reveal a beautiful emerald ring, and asked, "Will you be my wife?"

(A/N The ring (the one with the emerald; the other part will come later).)

Jamie was sobbing at this point as she smiled

"Yes, Loki of Jotenheim. I will," she answered.

Loki smiled as he stood up and they hugged. He spun her around and when he put her down, he put the ring on her finger. He then cupped her face, drying her tears, as she placed her hands on his arms.

"Look at me; I'm an emotional wreck," she giggled through tears.

"Nonsense; you're always beautiful, even when you cry," he said, wiping her tears.

"Thank you. Now kiss me, you sneaky god," Jamie commanded with a smirk.

"As you command, my mischievous queen," Loki responded with a smirk.

He leaned in and kissed her, them wrapping their arms around each other and ready for what the future held for them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Happy day! A proposal! I'm such a sap! Lol!