Chapter 17: Thor Prepares for the Fight

Korg and Thor went into the training room to see what Thor could use against the champion.

"Yuck! There's still someone's hair and blood all over this. Guys, can you clean up the weapons once you finish your fight? Disgusting slobs. Thor, wanna use a big wooden fork?" Korg suggested.

"No," Thor answered.

"Yeah, not really useful. Unless you're fighting off three vampires that were huddled together," Korg pointed out.

"I really wish I had my hammer," Thor said.

"Hammer?" Korg asked.

"Quite unique. It was made from this special metal from the heart of a dying star. And when I spun it really, really fast, it gave me the ability to fly," Thor explained.

"You rode a hammer?" Korg wondered.

"No, I didn't ride the hammer," Thor said.

"The hammer rode you on your back?" Korg guessed.

"No. I used to spin it really fast, and it would pull me off the--" Thor started.

"Oh, my God. A hammer pulled you off?" Korg cringed.

"The ground. It would pull me off the ground, up into the air, and I would fly. Every time I threw it, it would always come back to me," Thor explained.

"Sounds like you had a pretty special and intimate relationship with this hammer and that losing it was almost comparable to losing a loved one," Korg replied.

"That's a nice way of putting it," Thor responded.

"I said they're mine," Valkyrie told the alien that tried to take something from her.

Thor and Korg looked to see her drinking.

"See her, that's the one that put me in here," Thor told him.

"Yeah. Scrapper 142. Gotta watch out for those Asgardians, man. They are hard to perish," Korg remarked.

That got Thor's attention.

"Asgardian?" he asked then went up to her, calling, "Hey. Hey."

"Hey," she responded as she held her remote.

"Do not zap me with that thing. I just wanna talk. Asgard is in danger," Thor stated.

She didn't want to listen. Then he noticed a Valkyrie brand on her arm.

"My God, you're a Valkyrie. I used to wanna be a Valkyrie when I was younger, until I found out that you were all women. There's nothing wrong with women, of course. I love women. Sometimes a little too much. Not in a creepy way, just more of a respectful appreciation. I think it's great that there is an elite force of women warriors. It's about time," Thor explained.

"Are you done?" Valkyrie asked, bored.

"Lord of Thunder, you're up," the warden called.

"Please, help me. I need your help," Thor pleaded.

"Bye," Valkyrie waved then started to walk away.

"Fine, then you must be a traitor or a coward. Because the Valkyrie is sworn to protect the throne," he remarked.

"Listen closely, your majesty. This is Sakaar, not Asgard. And I'm a Scrapper, not a Valkyrie," she snapped.

"Bring him in for processing," the warden told the guards.

Thor beat them until they shocked him and they pulled him away.

"And no one escapes this place. So you're gonna die anyway," Valkyrie pointed out.

They strapped Thor to a chair as a man (Stan Lee) with a mechanical hand came up o him.

"Now, don't you move. My hands ain't as steady as they used to be," he warned.

"By Odin's beard, you shall not cut my hair, lest you feel the wrath of the mighty Thor," Thor threatened.

The man pressed a button then his metal hand became many sharp utensils that spun really fast.

"Please. Please, kind sir, do not cut my hair. Please! No! No!" Thor begged but it was too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Thor is about to face the champion. Crazy!