Chapter 12: More About Jamie's Power

Jamie, with her shoulder completely healed, looked out the window in her and Loki's room that showed a beautiful view of Sakaar.

(A/N Outfit minus the purse, plus a white tank top underneath.)

)

She sighed as she wondered where Thor was

She sighed as she wondered where Thor was. Because he was missing, she didn't know if she was breaking half her promise.

"Green is definitely your color," a voice said.

She smiled as she turned around to see Loki in new armor, leaning against the door frame.

"Well, look at you. Handsome as ever," she smirked.

"But goddesses envy your beauty," Loki returned it.

She smiled as she signaled him to come to her. He obeyed as she turned back to the window. He hugged her from behind and laid his head on her shoulder while she rested her hands on his and leaned into his touch.

"I've missed this," Jamie said.

"As have I," Loki agreed then added, "What's on your mind?"

She sighed and answered, "Thor. We don't know where he is and I promised Odin I would look after both of you."

"He can take care of himself," he pointed out.

"I know, but we all have a right to worry," Jamie said, kissed his cheek, then added, "Even you."

Loki gave a hint of smile as he turned her around.

"Now if you don't mind my asking, how did you enhance your powers?" he wondered.

Jamie showed a hint of a frown as she remembered everything that happened since she returned to Earth. She placed her hands in his and looked into his eyes.

"When you sent me back to Earth, it took me a while to hit rock bottom. I left London and went back to the United States to be with my family. They heard of what happened and thanked me for everything I did. They were going to welcome me back into their lives, but when I told them about you and I, they disowned me right then. I left and got into a lot of trouble. Basically fights that could've put me in jail for a few years. It was to a point where the Aether almost engulfed me in pure rage. But the only one who brought me back...was you. I overcame it and put my life back together. Learned to control my powers. Made them stronger. But I didn't think of me when doing any of it. The only thing that kept me from losing myself and made me want to be and do more was my love for you," Jamie explained.

Loki rested his forehead against hers as tears formed in her eyes. He gently placed his hands on her neck, putting a necklace around it. He wiped her tears away as she looked down to see it and smiled.

He lifted her chin for her to look at him then said, "I promised myself that I would not invade Midgard again because of you

He lifted her chin for her to look at him then said, "I promised myself that I would not invade Midgard again because of you. And I will keep it even though those mortals don't appreciate you the way I do. Don't worry about them anymore because I'm glad you're here with me again."

"I'm glad to be with you again too," Jamie responded, kissed him, then added, "By the way, the emerald is my birthstone."

Loki chuckled then said, "Come on. Grandmaster won't be happy if we're late for the party."

Jamie nodded as he held his arm out, she looped hers through his, and he escorted her to the party.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Aww! I love writing romantic scenes! Lol!