Chapter 6: Doctor Strange

Thor and Jamie went up to the door of the place and he knocked twice. Then they were transported inside. They looked around to see any sign of Loki.

"Loki?" Jamie called out.

Then a man levitated toward them and called them, getting their attention.

"Thor Odinson. God of Thunder. Jamie Dabbs. Immortal warrior of Earth," he said.

Thor got Jamie behind him as he held up Mjölnir (disguised as an umbrella) defensively.

"You can put down the umbrella," the man said.

Thor looked at Jamie, who nodded. He then put the umbrella down and they transported to a different part of the house. He then moved to an antique and picked up a piece of it.

"So, Earth has a wizard now?" Thor asked.

When he tried to put it back, it started to fall apart and he scrambled to get it back together, making Jamie giggle.

"The preferred term is 'Master of the Mystic Arts,'" the man answered.

Thor kept fumbling up the antique.

"You can leave that now," the man said and Thor obeyed.

"All right, wizard. Who are you? Why should we care?" Thor asked.

"Thor," Jamie lightly scolded.

"My name is Doctor Stephen Strange, and I have some questions for you. Take a seat," Strange introduced.

They were transported to seats, making Thor and Jamie look around, confused.

"Tea?" he offered, making tea cups with tea in them appear in their hands.

"I don't drink tea," Thor said.

"I don't either," Jamie added.

"What do you drink?" Strange asked.

"Not tea," Thor answered.

"Sunkist," Jamie said.

Then Strange made a glass mug of beer appear in Thor's hand and a Sunkist bottle appear in Jamie's hand. They looked at them then each other in surprise.

"Thank you," Jamie said.

Strange nodded his head and explained, "So, I keep a watch list of individuals and beings from other realms that may be a threat to this world. Your adopted brother and Jamie's lover, Loki, is one of those beings."

Once Jamie and Thor took a sip from their drinks, the beverages were able to refill themselves.

"He's a worthy inclusion," Thor said.

"Then why bring him here?" Strange asked.

"We're looking for his father," Jamie answered.

"So, if I were to tell you where Odin was, all parties concerned would promptly return to Asgard?" Strange wondered.

"Promptly," Thor said.

"Great! Then I'll help you," Strange stated.

"If you knew where he was, why didn't you call me?" Thor wondered.

"I have to tell you, he was adamant that he not be disturbed. Your father said he had chosen to remain in exile," Strange explained then added, "And you don't have a phone."

"No, I don't have a phone, but you could have sent an electronic letter. It's called an email," Thor pointed out.

"Yeah, do you have a computer?" Strange asked.

"No. What for?" Thor wondered.

"Thor, that's how you do emails," Jamie said, almost giggling.

"Oh," Thor answered then told Strange, "Anyway, my father is no longer in exile. So if you could tell me where he is, I can take him home."

"Gladly. He's in Norway," Strange stated.

They were transported to a bookcase, which made Jamie and Thor a little dizzy, so they hung onto the bookcase for support.

"I'm just seeing whether this incantation requires any Asgardian modifications," Strange explained, looking through a book, then tossed it aside saying, "Nope."

They transported to the other side of the room, making Thor and Jamie bring the bookcase with them.

"We don't need that," Strange said.

Then they transported again, making Thor, Jamie, and the bookcase return to where they were a second ago. Jamie and Thor put their drinks on the table.

"Will you stop doing that?" Thor asked, feeling a little queasy.

"I may have a strong stomach, but this isn't helping," Jamie moaned.

"I need just one strand of your hair," Strange said to Thor.

"Let me explain something. My hair is not to be meddled with--" Thor started until Strange pulled a strand of hair from his head.

"I'm guessing he didn't care," Jamie guessed.

They appeared at the front staircase of the sanctorum. Strange was making a portal, Thor rolled down the stairs, and Jamie almost fell until she grabbed the stair rail and walked down.

"We could have just walked," Thor pointed out while Jamie nodded and helped him up.

Strange created a portal to Norway then informed, "He's waiting for you."

"All right," Thor answered.

"Don't forget your umbrella," Strange reminded.

"Yes," Thor said.

He summoned Mjölnir, but it was taking a while since it was in a different room of the sanctorum and it was crashing into everything.

"Sorry," Thor apologized, making Jamie laugh silently, then Mjölnir finally came and he said, "There we go. I suppose we'll need my brother back."

"Oh yeah. Right," Strange responded.

Then a portal appeared over Jamie and Loki fell on top of her.

"I have been falling for 30 minutes!" Loki yelled at Thor and Strange then asked, "Where's Jamie?"

He heard a female groaning and Thor laughed a little as he pointed down. Loki looked to see Jamie right under him.

"Oh god. Jamie, are you alright?" he asked, caressing her cheek.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But I guess we can say you've fallen for me again," Jamie joked with a little laughter.

Loki shook his head with a smile and said, "Haha. Very funny."

She quickly kissed him on the mouth then he got up and helped her up.

"You both can handle him from here?" Strange wondered.

"Yes. Of course," Thor assured then they shook hands.

"Thank you very much for your help," Jamie thanked him, also shaking his hand.

"Good luck," Strange told them.

"Handle me? Who are you?" Loki demanded, getting his daggers out.

"Loki," Jamie said.

"You think you're some kind of sorcerer? Don't think for one minute, you second-rate--" Loki started as he attacked.

"Alright. Bye-bye," Strange said then moved the portal to get them all in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N They met Doctor Strange! Cool!