Prolouge

"Waaaaaahhhh..."

"He's crying, I guess he must be hungry." The women cooed as one of them put the crying baby back into Mrs Panichayasawad's arms. She smiled at her adorable bundle and lightly swing him, caressing softly his red little face.

"I just fed him, he can't be hungry this fast." She replied as she checked his napkin. Her guess was right, he was wet. She proceeded to change him as new guests entered the room. Mr Panichayasawad has organised a huge party for the welcoming of his newborn. Being one of the richest family in Thailand, the event was known internationally and gifts were received from various countries across the world while some flew overnight to attend the event. 

Among those who flew were good family friends, like Mr and Mrs Kongthanin who came from New York with their two sons to congratulate the family for their new addition.

Mrs Panichayasawad proceeded to clean her baby rapidly and dressed him back into his cute military clothes. She then proudly gave her baby to her husband who just arrived with his guests. He took his son and he in turn proudly introduced him to his friend, "Here my friend, I present you my newborn, Wayo Panichayasawad."

Mr Kongthanin smiled as Mrs Kongthanin took the baby, cooing softly at him, "Oh my, look at him. All cute and red. He looks just like you Rina." She said to Wayo's mum.

Rina blushed beautifully as she nodded, "Yes, it's high time I get a baby like me. My first son looks just like his dad."

The other woman agreed, "Now you both are equal. You have each son resembling one of you. As for me, both my sons got all their traits from my husband's side. But i'm not complaining because their dad is too handsome." She laughed as the two continued, recounting tales of their children.  

Their husbands shook their heads as the women started chatting and forgot all about them, lost in their talks. 

Mr Kongthanin praised his childhood friend, "Congratulation buddy. I can already tell you got another charmer here with those fluffy cheeks." He indicated to the newborn as his friend swell up in pride. He continued, "I heard your first son is very advanced for his age?"

Mr Panichayasawad nodded and went to his first son, taking him into his arms and presenting him to his friend who exclaimed at how big he has gotten so fast. 

"He's almost two now but so mature for his age. He can basically understand everything you tell him and he has even starting solving Maths problems met for kids twice his age."

Mr Kongthanin smiled and caressed the kid's soft cheek, "Highly intelligent and cute. You're going to have such cute boys while my boys are already showing signs of manliness. My eldest has even started developing this serious and brooding look which intimates all his nannies!" 

Mr Panichayasawad shifted Kit into his arms as he looked around, "By the way, where are your boys? I have not saw them ever since Kit was born." 

Just them two tall, handsome small boys entered the room and went quietly to their mother, standing beside her without making a noise. They were very proper and highly mannered. Everyone who saw them would know instantly that they were children from a very rich and aristocrat family from the way they were dressed and held themselves. 

"You are right. I can see many broken girls's hearts in the future." Mr Panichayasawad complimented his friend who replied back, "Forth will be 10 years old soon and Phana is 7 now. They are already so mature and understand their upcoming roles in the society. After all they are my successors. I have already started preparing them to take my place someday." 

Mrs Kongthanin noticed her children beside her and showed them the baby, "Look at how cute he is."

Forth look on uninterestingly while Phana seemed to be captivated by him. 

"Woahh mum he is so cute! I want him. Give him to me." Phana held his arms out intending to take the baby from her. Mr and Mrs Kongthanin looked on in shock. Phana has never expressed any interest in babies before. In fact he hated them and he would refuse to go near them, saying that they were noisy, smelly and powdery. 

His Mother handed him the baby carefully and watched in fascination as he took him expertly and smiled beautifully at him. Like his brother, as he grows up his smile was becoming less and less, therefore, to see him smile like that without inhibition was a sight to behold. Even Forth was shocked and stared at his little brother in disbelief. Phana despite being only 7 has gave up on almost all of his toys and focuses only on educational materials. Who would have known that he would get so interested in a tiny red baby?

Just then another baby entered the room in the arms of his flustered mother, screaming loudly. It was Mr and Mrs Daechapanya with baby Mingkwan. They were another close friends of the Panichayasawad family. The father headed off to congratulate his friend while his wife headed off to where the women were. She was trying her best to calm her 4 month old baby boy who fell sick after having his first solid food. He started crying as soon as they set foot inside the house. Ming finally calmed down and lay sniffling on her Mother's shoulder. 

"Congratulation on your gorgeous boy Rina. I'm sorry about the late arrival. Ming was sick and we had to take him to the doctor." She looked at the boys beside her and exclaimed to Mrs Kongthanin,  "Ohh my, your boys have grown up so handsome." 

Phana was still enthralled with baby Wayo and refused to give him back to his mother. Everyone asked him gently but he still refused. He was captivated by the baby and wanted to keep him for himself forever. Mr Kongthanin had to ordered Phana to give the baby back, to which he refused and started walking right off the room, intenting on taking Wayo back to his house. Mr Kongthanin was shocked at Pha's refusal, it was the first time his son has ever defied him. 

Kit struggled off his Father's arms and ran to Pha, trying to save his baby brother from the big boy, talking gibberish to him. It was Forth who finally managed to convince Phana, "Listen Phana, Wayo will come to visit you soon. He needs someone to feed him and to change his dirty diaper. Who is going to do all that? You? Who will study in your place then? Don't be stubborn and return him to his mother. He will be here, he is not going to disappear."

Phana reluctantly took him to his mother, walking slowly, step by steps to dalay. Mr Kongthanin apologised profusely saying that it was the first time his son has behaved like this. They all left after that because they had a flight to catch. As soon as they step foot away from the room Ming started screaming his lungs out again, making Mr and Mrs Daechapanya to apologise in their turn before leaving them because of their sick baby. 

All the way on the flight Phana kept talking about his angel baby. He kept asking to see him again and again for the next few days and still remembered him for several months afterward, occasionally asking about him and talking about him. His parents found his behavior very strange and were convinced that another baby would make him forget about Wayo. Thus they gave him a baby sister after 10 months and Phana did eventually forgot about his angel as time goes by....