Chapter 26: The big battle

They glared at each other for a few seconds before turning away at the same time. It took them a couple of minutes to control themselves and to sit down to discuss the battle as humanly as possible.

"So what should we do now?" Yo asked in a tightly controlled voice.

Kayla looked at her friends for any suggestions and they discussed among themselves for a while. In the end, one of the girls named Sarah laid down the rules. They decided on a game which only Kayla's friends would devised. Yo and Kayla both agreed rapidly since they got impatient to set the game going. The girls took a paper and divided it into 8 parts, they discussed for a while then wrote down something on it while the two competitors were off to one side watching them anxiously. The game was finally ready.

They has to pick up a piece of paper from the small bowl found on the table and win the game written on it. They debated hotly on who was going to pick first and then decided to go at it at the same time.

"Ready? Go!" The girls screamed as Yo and Kayla lunged forward and put their hands in the bowl. They snarled at each other as they pushed each other's hands to get inside the bowl first since it was too small to fit both hands at once. They finally picked one paper to the relief of the girls.

Yo sat back on his place and read his paper silently smirking, confident on winning this round while Kayla grew pale and frowned at her friends.

"So what you got?" Yo demanded impatiently, "I got the singing battle."

Kayla was still frowning, "I got the strip pool game."

Yo snorted loudly, "I knew that you had unlucky hands."

Kayla got up in anger and challenged him hand on, "let's see who will be unlucky now."

They marched forward to the DJ and requested the karaoke session. Kayla got on stage first and shouted on the mike, "listen everyone, me and this short boy here are going to battle each other. Our first challenge is the singing game so please cheer us and give us your honest opinion on who was the best."

They received a lot of cheers and Kayla mocked Yo as she set the stage on fire shocking everyone, even Yo. She sang an English song which was very entertaining since she has such a lovely voice and she sang perfectly in rhymes. However nice the song was, Yo was still confident in his singing. He knew that he possesses a great voice since everyone used to compliment him when he sang. He brushed by Kayla as he took the mike from her. He chose his song carefully before he too in turn took the stage by storm. He sang a Thai song but it was so perfect that Kayla's mood turned sour instantly and she wore a frown during his whole performance.

They both received great appreciation and the same amount of applause rendering Kayla's friends helpless on deciding a winner. The audience also couldn't decide who won so they decided that this battle was rendered obsolete.

Kayla straightened her shoulders and said dismissly, "it doesn't matter, we still got the strip pool game and girls always win at that."

Yo walked confidently at the pool table, he was always sceptical about whether the girls have more advantage or the boys in this type of game. He believed that boys are the winners because they can strip down to their boxers but the girls can't, at least not in front of the public. By then they have gained a quite a  few fans who formed a small group around their table to watch them. The boys were cheering for Kayla but on Yo's side, there was both boys and girls. Her friends remained neutral since they were the judges.

They shook hands as a formality in front of everyone then each of them took their place at the opposite side of the table. Since the first game was not helpful, they hoped that this one would seal the fate.