Chapter 37: Fallen from grace

"Start preparing for your engagement.....start preparing for your engagement...."

The words echoed loudly in Pha's mind as he returned swiftly to his office. His father only said this much and dismissed him and all of his questions has fallen to deaf ears. He knew that he was supposed to be ecstatic with happiness right now, however, he also knew that his father wasn't accepting this relationship whole heartedly. There must be reason behind his drastic decision and he was bound to find it out one way or a another.

As soon as he entered his office all thoughts went out of his mind at the sight of his baby working diligently behind his desk. A warm and loving feeling overwhelmed him and felt instantly at peace. Yo looked up at the sound of the door opening and smiled brightly.

"P'Pha, you're back."

"Did you miss me?"

His baby pouted and glared at him, "I did but you refused when i suggested to come with you."

Pha looked at him lovingly and tapped his nose with a long finger, "I was barely gone for 10 minutes love and you know in how much of a rush I was."

"I know." Yo stood up and circled his arms around his waist. He looked up at him with his big, doe eyes, "what's wrong P'Pha? What did your father told you?"

The big man sigh and put his chin on top of his head, "I don't know whether it's a good thing or bad one."

"Try me."

"Not now, give me a little time to think and to do some research first."

Yo nodded, he understood that he was very troubled right now because of his brother so he didn't pressure him. Pha let go of him and went back behind his desk. They worked silently for 5 minutes before Pha suddenly stopped and looked at him, "by the way baby, what kind of wedding would you want to have someday?"

Yo looked startled at the question but he quickly started thinking about it. He reflected dreamily then murmured softly, "the fairy tale one."

Pha smiled and craved the little piece of information deep into his mind for future use. They started working quietly again, with Yo paying no attention of why Pha has asked him that question out of the blue. They ordered lunch and ate it between discussion of different strategies to save their company. They were almost at a breakthrough when Josh bursted in shouting happily, "we did it guys! Japan sent an email just 5 minutes ago and they are ready to do business with us. That's an opportunity in a lifetime and with Japan backing us up, we will soon get out of this crisis."

"That's great news P'Josh!" Yo exclaimed but Pha was unmoved. He narrowed his eyes suspiciously and asked curtly, "why did they change their mind? I thought P'Forth was going tomorrow."

Josh reeled back on his heels and put a hand on the back of his head sheepishly, "errr, I don't know but who cares. They are ready to work with us, isn't that great? Our only concern right now is too impress them enough to extend our branch to Japan."

"Yes P'Pha, this is a very great news! You should be happy right now." Yo admonished him gently as Josh excused himself when his phone started ringing.

"I don't know baby, it's all too suspicious. Yesterday they were ignoring all contact with us and now all of a sudden they are back, something doesn't ring right."

Yo paused and thought about it, he was right. Why did Japan changed its mind at the last minute? Their thoughts got interrupted when the door burst open again but this time it was Forth who came stalking in. His eyes were bloodshot and he looked enraged. He stopped in front of Pha and snarled, "what did father tekk you?"