Chapter 36: The negotiation

Two days later and the issue wasn't yet resolved despite the press conference. In contrary, Forth was bashed even more and the Kongthanin shares were falling drastically. More and more investors were leaving them gradually and some employees even left their jobs to find other jobs because they were afraid that they might be forced to quit in the near future. For the Kongthanin, it meant sleepless nights and stressful meetings.

Forth was doing his best as promised and he was personally convincing the investors to put their trust on them. He kept moving constantly from one place to another to meet them and he was now preparing to depart to Japan to apologise and to convince the chairman to reconsider his decision.

As for Pha, despite all that was happening around him, he didn't forgot about Yo's birthday month. He kept ordering fresh black roses and little gifts to be delivered everyday. It seemed like his plan for Yo's great surprise must be put on hold but he was doing his best to at least spend some time with him. Even Yo's parents weren't pressuring him to return back home, they knew about the crisis and they were trying their best to not disturb him.

On top of all their troubles, a recent picture of Diane has been released, she appeared unkept with messy hair and big eye bags. This has touched the whole nation and everyone was sympathising with her. Women from all around were putting themselves into her shoes and were blaming the Kongthanin for her current situation. She was totally playing the victim card therefore Kongthanin's lawyer was forced to stepped in and dealt with her for spreading fake rumours and for trying to destroy their reputation.

Yet she hasn't learn her lesson, she went back crying to the media that the Kongthanin was trying to shut her mouth by slamming her with different lawsuit. A second press conference was scheduled that day and everyone held their breath as Forth took the stage and addressed the audience.

"I know that there are many accusations thrown my way and I want to clarify that I am not 'discarding' my wife like most of you has wrote about. Our marriage has come to a point where we can't continue and we have decided to separate. Unfortunately, she isn't ready to accept her various discretion behind my back and want to stay married to me. Like most of you know, I am a very honest and straightforward person therefore I won't accept a one sided marriage where my wife was forced to find love outside. It is obvious we are both unhappy about this and the most reasonable solution is a divorce."

As soon as he paused, a barricade of questions was thrown his way.

"Is it true that you are impotent?"

"Why was she seeking love outside?"

"Was it the lack of children that made her miserable?"

Forth lifted his hand and silenced them, "this is not because of a child. At first she wasn't ready and by the time she was ready, we were both miserable so I refused to bring a child in a loveless marriage. Please refrain from tarnishing the reputation of our company, the fault is entirely mine. I couldn't see how miserable and manipulative she was and now our company is suffering greatly. Our lawyer is already at work and she will be called in court for spreading fake news. No more questions, thank you for your presence here."

He left the stage and walked away stiffly ignoring all the questions thrown at his back. Yo linked his arm with Pha and stared in sadness as Forth disappeared from their sight, "do you think this will alleviate the scandal?"

"I doubt it, the public don't want to hear about Forth's side of the story and Diane has always been a model socialist so they will continue to support her."

"Don't worry P'Pha, just do like i told you and everything will be alright. Let the detectives do their jobs and anonymously publish all of her discretion. The public will realise in time that she was the unfaithful one and will lose their confidence on her."