Chapter 15: The new fear

"I told you I will compensate you once I reached home, I really don't have any money on me." Yo shouted out tearfully.

"Ok ok, geez I only asked once.." the driver muttered as he tried to ignore the crying boy in his back seat.

Yo sniffed and apologied, "I'm sorry, I'm a bit touchy right now."

The driver offered him a sympathetic smile not daring to say another word in case he would get upset again.

Yo hung his head in shame, he felt sorry for taking out his frustration on him. He felt immensely relieved once he reached in front of his house, at least now he can escape from the judging eyes of the driver.

"Errr....are you sure this is where you live?" The driver asked cautiously eyeing Yo up and down. Although the clothes that he was wearing was expensive, it wasn't his size and the boy had dirty barefoot feet therefore the driver was sceptical. Yo got out of the car and approached the guards in front of the house. They nodded and one of them took out his wallet and approached the driver.

"Here is your money, keep the rest as tips and thank you for taking care of young Master."

The driver was dumbfounded, he took the money and watched as Yo made his way inside, so this was indeed his mansion! He nearly lost consciousness when he counted the money, he was paid the equivalent of half a year. The young Master indeed has blessed him that day.

Yo entered morosely and went directly to him room. He got out his Louis Vuitton bag collection and started putting in all his necessaries. He was lucky that his mother went to a social function else he would have had to explain everything to her. After doing his bags he called Ming.

"Yo! I was so worried, thank God you called. I was on the verge of going to P'Pha's office to search for you. Are you ok?"

A smile came instantly on Yo's face when he heard his friend's voice, Ming has this certain charm about him that can instantly feel better.

"I'm ok Ming, I just came home. I wanted you tell you that I'm going for a small vacation this weekend so don't try to contact me, alright?"

"What? Without me? How dare you! Where are you going like this that you can't bring me with you." He changed his voice into a sad one, " I thought we were best-friends and that we were supposed to travel together always."

"I'm not going to have fun, I'm only going to relax. And i know that you have to revise for your exams right? It's only for two days so need to be dramatic."

"Ok buddy. I get it now, you need to relax and clear your mind a bit. Have a nice vacation."

"Thank you." Yo cut the call then called his father next, "hey dad, you remember about this resort that you told me about? Can I go there this weekend?"

"The private resort? Of course you can but why all of a sudden?"

"I just want to get away and be alone for a while.." Yo trailed off as he thought of ways to explain to his father that he wanted to disappear completely from Pha.

"Is something bothering you son? You can talk to me you know..."

"Dad, I promise I will once I get back. Just take me there please and tell no one, not even mum. It's only for a weekend so she won't worry too much, i need this dad, please."

"Ok son, you know I won't refuse. I will contact them and inform them of your arrival. Get ready and tell the driver to take you there, he knows the place."

"Thank you dad, I love you."

"I love you too son and take care."

After his phone call he took a quick shower and got dressed. Checking whether he had all of his stuffs he decided to take along with him Pha's shirt. He wanted to take something of him in case he would miss him too much. Writing a short note to both his mother and brother, he told them that he was escaping for the weekend, not to worry and not to contact him. He finished with a love you note and a promise to bring them gifts. After hurling his bags outside he signalled his helper to get the driver to come inside the house.