Chapter 38: The Proposal

They decided to host the engagement party on Yo's birthday and they had exactly 5 days to plan everything. Yo was scurrying around planning decor and searching for the perfect ring while Pha was secretly preparing for his great surprise for Yo's birthday. Yo's parents weren't surprised when they announced their engagement, if fact they were waiting it except for Kit. He was the only one left out of the whole deal and went he came to know about it he threw a huge fit refusing to let his baby brother go. His father calmed him down by saying that they were only engaging and not marrying. For the topic of marriage, it was still very far away so Yo would still be with them.

Mr Panichayasawad refused to have the engagement party at Mr Kongthanin's house because that was where Pha's failed engagement was held. Therefore, they were going to host both Yo's birthday party and his engagement at his house. Everyone was helping out and soon all the planning was perfectly done, the media was in a frenzy and as planned Forth's scandal was really shadowed by the engagement of the country's most prominent heirs. It was also scandalous because this was the first time ever that such famous and prestigious families were openly supporting their gay sons and were looking forward to their engagement.

Following the news of Pha and Yo's relationship, many celebrities and well-known persona were coming out gay and declaring their love for each other. Thus, it can be said that this engagement has brought in great fortune, for even the Kongthanin company was flaring well. Everything was ready yet Yo still couldn't find his engagement ring.

"How about this one P'Pha?"

"Baby, that's the 12th ring you decided on so I can't give you my opinion anymore."

Yo sighed and turned to Pha pouting, "but they are all so beautiful. It's not my fault if I chose a ring but find another one more beautiful."

Pha ruffled his hair lovingly, "I know but tomorrow is our engagement and you still don't have a ring. What are you going to do if you will not find one by today?"

Yo gasped and turned back to the display.

"How about this one? Yes, it's perfect...ohh no the other one is perfect too!...wait, I think I found one more unique.."

"Let it be, I will find one for you. It's only fair because you chose mine."

Pha stepped beside him and started looking. Yo has indeed chose his ring but for himself, he couldn't decide. His eyes caught on a sparkling ring and he decided immediately that it belonged to Yo. He looked up and said confidently, "this one."

Yo looked at the ring he was pointing at and immediately fell in love with it. It was a golden ring encrusted with two big 4 big pink diamond and a black rock in the middle forming a square design. It also matched with Pha's golden ring which was also square but was encrusted with only white rock.

"Woahhh P'Pha, you have such a good eye." Yo admired it openly, unable to take his eyes off it. Pha kissed him on his cheek as the shop manager looked on smilling from cheek to cheek. They have just purchased the most expensive and unique ring of his shop. Yo then went back home to check on everything while Pha went to check on his surprise. He wanted it set up before the engagement so that he can surprise Yo immediately after getting engaged officially. Mr and Mrs Panichayasawad were more worried about what to get Yo for his birthday than for the engagement plans. They were already throwing him a huge party but it was on occasion of his birthday, therefore they had to get him something else.

The next morning everyone was in a hurry running here and there. For the engagement of the decade, everything should be perfect since there would be many reporters and influential people from all over the world. Pha stopped by early morning to give Yo his suit and to also wished him for his birthday. Despite the engagement rush, everyone still remembered that it was actually his birthday and they all enjoyed a lavish breakfast to start his birthday morning.