Chapter 28: New best... friend?

"What do you think our parents are doing right now?"

"Dunno, sleeping maybe." Kayla replied as she popped another popcorn into her mouth.

Yo sighed heavily as he stuffed a handful of popcorn in his mouth.

"What's with the sigh?" Kayla regarded him sideway.

Yo's face went sad, "I'm worried about P'Pha, he must have gone crazy by now."

Kayla nodded slowly, "and our parents also must be very worried because P'Pha must have told them about us."

"That's good, at least my father will find me and take me from here. These bastards won't even let us take a bath."

Kayla's nose flared up in anger as she glared at the group of dirty men laughing out loudly and joking in the room beside them. "You're right, even I'm stinking and what kind of blanket is that?" She lifted it with two fingers and sniffed it before making a vomitting face, "it smells bad just like them."

"Of course it will, what did you expect. We are in their house." Yo retorted as he went back to the film but he couldn't concentrate on it. He wanted a hot bath and his fluffy blanket. He looked at the bed he was currently sitting on and rolled his eyes in disgust, everything was dirty over here. How he wished he would have been back home comfortable and warm in his soft bed and with his cuddly dinosaur or better yet he wanted to be in Pha's arms. A wave of nostalgia hit him hard, even if it wasn't a full night yet, he was already missing him a lot. He knew that he must be going crazy out there without him.

"Ohh shit here's the ghost coming up." Kayla gasped as she leaned closer to Yo.

"The real ghost is you over here. For god sake wipe that face, you look worth than these fake ghost at Halloween."

Kayla regarded him sourly as she retorted, "as if they would have let me wash my face." She looked around searching for something to wipe her face on but there was nothing here except the TV and the bed they were sitting on. She gave up and wiped her mascara streaked face with her pistine white blouse and she tried to arrange her hair into a more acceptable way but it sprung back sticking everywhere giving her the appearance as if she has been stuck by lightening.

"It's ok, let it be. You can't get help that you look like a lunatic right now." Kayla pushed him aside as she screamed, "go to the other end, I don't want to sit near you."

Yo shrugged and went to sit obediently on the other side. As they settled down for the film again he started reflecting back to when they first came here.

They both sombered up pretty fast when they were brought in kicking and screaming. They were untied and left alone as the others locked the door already excited about how much cash they could extract from their parents. Yo and Kayla tried everything, they tried kicking the door but it was made of solid wood. They tried to attack the window next but iron bars surrounded it and thus they resorted to screaming profanities at their kidnappers but to no avail as their outrageous cries were disregarded. Even if they managed to break the door they would end up in the living room, that is directly into their hands. After finally giving up on finding an escape route they settled down for a movie, at last quiet for a few precious minutes much to the thugs relief but it didn't last long. They would bicker among themselves and they were proving to be too demanding.

The thugs laughed out loud again and Kayla glared at them in irritation before shouting, "hey get us something to eat, we are starving over here."

Yo watched as the leader got up and glared back at them from the small opening on the door which overlooked the living room, "shut your mouth little brat, isn't it enough that you had us searching for popcorn at this unholy hour!"