Chapter 46 - Drifted

" It's your turn!"

"How come it's my turn now, you filthy liar ? I went to him on second last Friday ..." He replied with a bit of annoyance..

" See, I think I have a cold , and a little bit of wheezing too ... So I can't go , !" He stated , letting out few fake coughs ..

"AREN'T YOU TWO DONE YET?" Came the grumpy voice of inspector , who was standing between then who where trying to sneek out from their duty ..

"It's not my turn!" Both the constables protested in chorus ..

" Then whose turn is it .. ? "

" Gupta ji sir! .. but he called us half an hour ago saying he sprained his leg so he need a half day leave ... And since I'm not well too , I think he should go today ..." Constable Shinde said pointing at his man who is fuming by now ..

" Listen ... Get over with this drama ... And go and tell him the reports ok!" Inspector ordered and turned to leave ..

"Sir please ... We can't .. why don't you tell him ?" Both the men came up with their last idea , hearing which the inspector cringed at his spot ..

"Oh me?... I mean ... I have to attend my son's parents teachers meeting today .. so I don't have time you see !" He smiled sheepishly

"But sir it's evening ? " Shinde frowned thinking which mad school has its PTA meeting at 6 in the evening !

"JUST GET THE WORK DONE !" inspector barked before practically flying out of the place ..

The whole drama was about who will tell Advocate Shravan Mad Malhotra that there is no progress in the result of his wife's search .. !

Every Saturday they have to report him , and they made it turn wise . Everytime time the guy who went with the same news was rewarded with stuffs like flying table , chair , vase , or even heavy paperweight which is aimed towards their head , by the insane creature of a man itself..

" Mujhe kuch ho gya to mere biwi baccho ka kya Hoga? Chala ka bhai" Shinde pleaded to his friend who already looked mortified by the thought of going to Shravan Suman Malhotra firm...

_________________________________

Hearing the door knob click open , Ramnath clenched his eyes before slowly opening it .. his body was already weak , and was on complete bed rest ..

He slowly opened his eyes to look at the regular sight of his son who was standing by the door holding the knob on one hand and other on the door frame to support his wobbling self ...

Ramnath let out a sharp breath when his eyes met with the piercing yet empty eyes of his son , who had dark shade under his eye , and a face that had nothing in it except pale skin and unkept beard ... There stood the boy who he claimed to love more than anything yet he destroyed him with his bare hands ..

Shravan did what he was doing from the day Ramnath was brought back to this home .. Stand at his door and let him see the bright future he wanted for shravan , away from his sumo..

The only reason he didn't leave the house was because it had her memories , good or bad , she was there .. he could feel her in every corner of this house where she used to run around like she owned it ... And that was enough to bind him to this place ...

They stared at each other, where he wordlessly mocked his father showing the impact of his fatherly love .. Shravan could only do that much to hurt Ramnath .. he had not uttered a word or accuse him .. he simply left it and let his father enjoy whatever he planned ..

Khwaishein.. A Sharman storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें