Target 22 - The Flight

Skull was amazed as he looked outside of the small window next to his designated seat. He watched as the buildings and fields of grass, the woodlands and the roads all began to decrease in size as they kept flying higher and higher into the air.

Soon, they were hidden away by a mist of clouds, a soft 'pop' resounding in their ears as their hearing seemed to sharpen. They were now above the wafting, whispy white layer, looking over at the clear sky surrounding them.

Skull was seated next to Tsuna, and opposite of the pair were Reborn and Fon. The raven and fox were both reading, each equipped with their own book, while the purple haired male preferred to gaze at the sights as if it were the last thing he'd see before he died.

Tsuna, on the other hand, was listening to music from his phone. Admittedly, Fon was not used to this sky view either, as he could not fly with his second form, and Reborn has never flown this high into the atmosphere.

It was a new perspective for them, but even they supposed that it could become repetitive if you had the chance to see it as often as Tsuna did. Some others travel by plane even more frequently than Tsuna (once a year).

Beautiful things do become a common sight if you see them so often- flowers, people, artwork, videos, and other aesthetically appealing things tend to dull in sight after staring at them for long.

Videos and people do have an upper hand on those things, because they can change and move to create different images or change outfits to make them more interesting to look at.

Flowers can't keep your attention for long because they're still and don't change much after they bloom, but then they do wilt after some time.

Of course, the flight did take a long time, and during this time, Reborn thought a lot about how he was going to ask Tsuna to at least consider creating a pact with him. They would technically have enough time when the plane would take a quick stop to go through with the ritual.

They would have to find the tools necessary, and one thing which Tsuna would have to learn quickly would be the chant.

The chant was quite old, but every mispronounced word would spell out your doom. You had to know how to pronounce each and every syllable correctly if you valued your life and future.

Many believe that being born with Masuta genes is a blessing from the Gods, but those with it would argue otherwise. Being a Masuta required strict discipline and obedience when it came to following rules.

Deaths correlated or directly caused by anything to do with the summoning or contracting processes were left unrecorded, the cause of death in files being written as N/A (non-applicable). Even the families of the deceased would not know the true reason for their passing.

If they were Masutas as well, then they would be able to identify the cause of death immediately, but if they were just normal humans then they would be completely clueless.

Those who wished to be Masutas knew nothing of the true dangers, while those who were wished to be uninvolved with anything and everything to do with it. It's almost always the first contracting ritual that goes wrong.

There have been cases where foolish Masutas attempted to create a pact when intoxicated- their slurred speech would make them unable to pronounce the words correctly -while others were tired, sluggish or maybe even too much in a rush to finish the ritual, causing them to stutter and stumble.

All of these 'what ifs' had concerned Reborn. They were all certainly possibilities, and not pleasant ones either. Not everyone who was born a Masuta could become one.