Target 30 - The Ceremony

Unsurprisingly, the small group was soon interrupted by the loud clink of a spoon against a champagne glass.

No one knew exactly why it was so loud considering how small the utensil and glass were, but no one dared to question it either. Standing at the far end of the room stood Vongola Nono, his guardians tapered protectively around him.

He smiled kindly, eyes scanning the crowd briefly before he opened his mouth to speak. "Friends and family, I am delighted to welcome you to this age-old ceremony. I am honored to be able to stand before you one last time as the boss of both the Vongola famiglia, and the boss of Vongola International..."

The man's speech faded into the background as the group of misfits continued to converse quietly amongst themselves.

"Reborn... do you perhaps know anything about the Vongola family? Or, the Masutas in the Vongola family?" Fon inquired, his calm tone not betraying his curiosity in the slightest.

The raven quirked an eyebrow but nodded nonetheless. "There's a famed intuition which supposedly runs through the family. People mostly refer to it as Hyper Intuition or the Vongola Intuition."

"From what Tsuna tells me, it only runs through the gifted ones in the family- people like Iemitsu, who don't have the gift but are still part of the bloodline, don't have it. It's said to be something that is passed down through the generations of the family, straight from Vongola Primo, Tsuna's grandfather from 400 years ago."

"Apparently, Primo was a summon just like us with incredibly pure and strong Sky melbourn who battled with this Hyper Intuition to guide him. His wife was a human."

Fon's eyes widened momentarily at the new information. "Do you think... that Tsuna is-"

"Yes," Reborn cut him off sharply. "Though the Hyper Intuition, or HI, is passed down as a trademark trait of the Vongola, I think that Tsuna may also have an additional ability which we haven't seen yet because of his melbourn. With the strength and purity, it's plausible that he would be able to carry both abilities."

The kitsune's lips thinned into a straight line. "This could mean so many things..." he muttered. The raven nodded in agreement, turning to look at his Masuta as he spoke in hushed whispers to the children, with Skull crouched down next to him with a smile.

"That's why I'm asking Kawahira and Talbot for help." Fon's head snapped toward the man beside him.

"Are you crazy?" He hissed lowly, careful not to bring any attention to them. "Talbot has not been seen in centuries, and I do not think I need to explain why bringing Kawahira into this is a bad idea."

"Don't you think I know that?" Reborn countered. "Talbot is tricky at best, and he's an old friend of Vongola Primo. He won't be easy to track down."

The raven looked as if he was pondering something before he finally spoke, his voice monotone and cold. "Despite the problems we may have with Kawahira, he is the Trinisette* Administrator and he needs to know of the Sawada family and their deeds."

"Not to mention that he has been a confidant of every Sky Arcobaleno to date. He knows Sky melbourn better than any one else in the universe right now. I wager that he already knows about Tsunayoshi and is now just waiting for our arrival."

Fon pursed his lips, knowing that the argument has been settled. How could it not? Reborn's reasoning was second to none, and he had good justifications for them as well. Though, he couldn't help but wonder...

"And Talbot? What do they have to do with this?" The kitsune asked, his tone almost accusatory.

Reborn sighed in response, lifting his head up slightly before pinning his comrade with an icy stare. "That old fool made all of the Trinisette trinkets. Talbot is still well into their prime, and I doubt that they'll ever stop being in their prime."