Target 29 - Three's a Crowd

It was quite surprising at first, but the ballroom was actually very large. The high ceiling and wall of windows on one side completely threw Reborn, Fon and Skull off.

Not to mention the fact that the room could fill at least one thousand people in it. Though, that was to be expected, as it was a ballroom after all.

"The windows are one-sided," Tsuna explained to them after he saw their gaping facial expressions. "We can see out, but no one can see in. Pretty neat, huh? Well, until you consider the fact that they were made that way to see if any enemy famiglias wanted to crash the party..."

The brunette hummed for a moment, as if pondering something, before he walked ahead toward the tightly-knit crowd with the same air of confidence he seemed to have gained only hours before.

Once the boy was out of earshot, patiently waiting for something, the fox and purple haired man turned to the raven. "What has happened to that boy, Reborn? Not that this is a bad change, but the fact that he changed so quickly..."

Fon trailed off, his voice unwavering but his tone frantic. "Yeah, Reborn! It's like Tsuna did a complete 180 since we got here!" Skull agreed, though it sounded more like a whine to the well-dressed Nerilian.

Reborn had to admit, the two of them had a point;- one doesn't just have such a seemingly drastic personality change within the span of a couple of days- couple of hours, even -but something told the man that this was supposed to happen.

It was a light tug, located at the back of his mind and trailing down to the mark on his neck. Ah, of course. The bond would be able to tell.

The bond between a summon and its master was quite intricate. You can think of it as a sort of string, or multitude of strings, linking the pair together, originating at the pact mark of one only to end at the mark of the other.

The string(s) would be taut, very taut. The bond is a sort of guide towards each other's feelings, and personalities in particular. It would come in the form of a tug, as if someone was tugging at the string(s) to try and tell you something.

The tighter the bond, the tauter the strings, and the more information you would be able to get with each tug. At the beginning stages of the contract, ones which were fresh and new, would be neither strong nor weak. A grey area, if you will.

You would be able to get small little 'pushes' when it came to the personality of the other, any doubts you may have about your contracted and anything similar.

If you have been contracted for a while, then you would be able to get concise and accurate answers from the bond about many things- feelings, both weak and strong, doubts, how interested or disinterested your contracted was, and some pairs could even communicate through their bonds.

No one really knows how they work, but then again, no one has decided to question it either. Many speculations have been made about them of course, like how they could be the reason for the intense reaction a Masuta would have to their summon's death.

This was neither confirmed or denied, as summons don't get a catastrophic reaction to their Masuta's death, but it was still a possibility.

The immunity to feeling pain and grief through the snapped bond in summons could be explained by evolution- they clearly lived much longer than humans, and thus, it was likely that they would have various different Masutas during their time alive.

Grieving for every single last one time and time again would be unbearable, especially considering that most Masutas would fall into a great depressive state after the death of a summon, some even going as far as committing suicide.