Target 37 - Mist

{&}"...Thank you," Verde said, graciously taking the coffee from Tsuna. It was the second day of the two of them being together in the household, and they had come to quite a mutual understanding of each other.

After Verde's small moment of opening up to the brunette, he seemed to recede back into his shell. He accepted Tsuna's presence, but that doesn't mean he liked it in any sense of the word. He didn't, but at least the scientist wasn't as bothered by it.

Tsuna didn't expect the man to accept it easily anyway. God knows how long the Arcobaleno were all left without anyone to care for them. That didn't give Verde the right to act like a pain in the ass, though.

He was stubborn; set in his ways too much to stop. Boy, was Verde stubborn.

Suddenly, the front door creaked open. "Mou, Verde," the voice, now recognised as Mammon, stated blandly. "They need you out there. Some kind of code is needed to proceed."

The green-haired male raised his glasses higher up on his nose. "I'm on it," he replied, packing up his laptop and notes before leaving promptly. The mist Arcobaleno turned toward the Sawada just as the front door was shut.

"Mou, you're with me now," they stated, walking over to the table to sit down.

"How come?" The brunette asked, setting down his own beverage on the table.

"Well, they also need Lal Mirch out there and everyone else has already taken care of you. I'm unneeded until further notice, mou, so I got sent here."

Tsuna nodded. "I see. Is there anything you would like to do, Mammon-san?"

The mist cocked their head to the side, mouth slightly open. "Me?" He asked. Tsuna just nodded and drank from his cup. No one has asked... Not since her anyway... Mammon thought to himself.

"I think... I want to go to an aquarium," Mammon said. "A human aquarium. I've never been to one."

The Sawada blinked in surprise, but his eyes soon softened and he smiled wistfully. "I haven't been to one in a long time. I know just the place if you can take us there." The mist Arcobaleno nodded.

"Mou, this will cost money, won't it?"

The brunette just laughed.

---

"Mou, the colours are so much bolder here on Earth..." Mammon complained though it was slightly difficult to tell. His voice was monotone and blank as always.

The two of them were walking towards Okinawa Churaumi aquarium. It is the best aquarium in Japan, and one of the largest in the world. It hosts hands-on exhibits of seashells and starfish, and the world's largest living coral exhibit to name a few.

The Churaumi aquarium's main attraction is the Kuroshio Tank that houses numerous whale sharks. Tsuna had been thinking of going to an aquarium closer to home. Mammon had other plans.

It was just coming up to ten o'clock in the morning, and the aquarium was open until eight o'clock at night. So, they could look around for a bit. The Sawada stumbled around, a wave of wanderlust hitting him as he saw all the places he has never visited before.

It was new. Somehow, for the first time, that was okay.

Mammon just... stared. He wondered. How could someone so pure, so innocent, have the aura of a veteran soldier? He knew the others could feel it too- the air of confidence and experience, the hollowed eyes and the faraway gaze. The secretive smiles and pained glow when he heard certain words or saw certain things.

He dismissed it rather quickly. He wasn't going to get anywhere just staring, and they did come here for the aquarium after all.

Mammon saw the food carts out of the corner of his eye.