Chapter Two

I looked around nervously as soon as we entered the tent slowly and hesitating. The rest of our group closely behind me.

"What the hell is happening here?" I muttered anxiously and wanted to walk towards the guards to ask them the very same question, but Aldi held me back before I even got close to them.

"Stop it, it won't work anyways." He whispered, his brown eyes dark from fear. Shanty tried to collect our group around her, but it was unnecessary, because all of us were already around her, standing and looking around, quietly muttering.

"Okay, follow us!" A red haired man raised his voice and nodded towards some desks, standing behind a temporary wall ahead of us.

We all grabbed our backpacks and moved forward, followed by nearly twenty other people, who had arrived in the meantime. The guards were making sure that nobody was left behind when we entered the smaller part of the tent.

"Get in line, put your bags and your jackets on the desks, and do what you are told." A guard pointed at Shanty, Aldi and another random guy who wasn't part of our group.

They walked forward, lifted their bags on the light gray plastic desks and were led forward after a few minutes of some guys checking the bags through, to a thing which kinda looked like a metal detector. They passed it by quickly and had a blood test taken. Shanty grabbed Aldi's hand and looked over to us, her blue eyes widened in fear.

"What the hell are they doing here?" Jani whispered quietly, standing next to me.

I grabbed my backpack. "I have not a single idea.." I answered as quiet as her, trying not to catch the attention of the guards, which, I have to say, didn't look too happy with their job.

Or they were just cold, stone-hearted people who lived to see people suffer.

The next three people, who were next, had to go through the same procedure as everyone before. It took a while, then Kathi, Jani and Cleo had to go. I hugged Kathi tightly.

"See you on the other side." I muttered and was glad that she smiled, despite the situation we had caught ourselves in.

"Nothing will happen, right?" She asked in a worried tone and I shook my head to say no.

My best friend touched my hand slightly before getting pushed forward. I looked after her, worried whether something would actually happen. But nothing, like for everyone before, happened. Then the black haired man pointed at Miki, Nic and I as we were almost the last people of our big group.

"Put your bag on here." My opponents voice was monotone and almost sounded as if she had come out of the womb ordering people around, when I approached to her desk.

I lifted my quite heavy bag as well as my camera onto the dirty, light gray plastic desk and had to watch a person open it and search through it, while the camera was immediately taken away. I turned my head away to hide my anger about how we were being treated.

As soon as the woman who had searched through the backpack gasped, I turned my head back to her. The guard behind her looked at her as she pointed at something in my bag and he pulled the bag closer to him to see what it was. In the same moment, as I remembered Alan Walker's logo inside, I was grabbed and roughly pushed through the metal detector.

"Hey!" I yelled, trying to free myself terrified of what was happening. But the detector kept being quiet when I stumbled through, getting picked up on the other side from another soldier.

The guard ignored me, pulling me towards the blood testing station. The man stationed there told me to roll up my sleeve, and I did, because I didn't want to cause any more trouble.