Chapter Ten

Alan stopped laughing and chuckled. "That's normal for us two, don't worry!" Ryan gave him a death glare.

"I'm warning you, mate!" He groaned. Alan grinned widely, looking back to me.

"What do you want to eat? I bet you're hungry like hell!" Alan sitting down next to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"She should eat something like a soup right now, something different maybe later, we have to be careful for... maybe a week I would say."

Alan nodded. "Do you know what the cafeteria offers today?" He asked Ryan.

The string popped up again then disappeared in the floor. I tapped his shoulder, pointing at the string. "What is that?" I asked quietly.

"What?" Alan asked confused, trying to figure out what I was pointing at. "That blue string there!" I added, confused as him.

"There's nothing?" He asked back. "That's the second time you're seeing something I...we can't see. Are you okay?" Alan asked, touching my forehead.

I shook his hand off. "No there's something! This string! If I touch it, I bet I can hear what he's saying!" I complained.

Alan frowned in confusion. "Christine there's nothing..." His eyes widened suddenly. "Wait... did you say you can hear what he's saying?" He asked quickly grabbing my hands.

I looked at him, confused. "Y-yeah?" I answered. I looked at Ryan and he was looking at us, interested.

Another light blue string popped up between Ryan and Alan, and Alan nodded.

I raised my hand and my fingertips touched the not really existent string.

>>Christine?<< I heard Alan saying my name.

I looked at him, nodding.

>>You can hear us?<< I heard Ryan asking in disbelief.

I grinned. "Looks like yeah. Isn't that...um...normal?"

The connection stopped and Alan touched my hand.

"Um, no it's not normal...eh...what you've just seen is a call between two Walkers." Alan stammered.

"Gosh, Alan explain it to her later, let's get something to eat first!" Ryan said emphatically and pointed towards the door.

"So um, which soup do you want?" Alan asked, slightly blushed.

"Just bring me something, I really need to eat something right now!"

Alan stood up and nodded. "Okay!" He chuckled. "But nothing, please, nothing with mushrooms!" I added quickly, before they left the room.

"We'll find something!" Ryan laughed pushing Alan out of the room.

"See you!" I yelled, before falling back on the bed and sighed. Slowly I raised my hand and touched my neck again, fascinated by the 'mecha' replacing my whole neck.

"Even if I don't have a single idea how they made it to bring me back to life, but that shit is awesome!" I whispered and froze when I felt a little button right underneath my left ear.

The little touch caused something I wasn't able to see, but when I touched my neck again, it was covered with skin.

"What?" I asked myself, trying to find the button again.

While I was still trying to figure out what happened, Alan showed up with a tablet in the door. "Hey!" He grinned, coming closer and placing the tablet with the steaming plate with soup on my lap.