Chapter Twenty

Slowly I followed them, still being embarrassed about the situation. Alan gently rubbed my hand and I suddenly noticed that I've grabbed it.

Caro turned around to us, giving us ambiguous glances until Alan suddenly let go my hand and started sprinting.

I barely noticed the blue string which had popped up between them and I could imagine why Alan was now chasing the smaller girl, which turned around laughing and started running with a unreal agility and speed.

A bit surprised I bumped into Kyrre who was waiting for me, while Alan still was chasing Caro through the forrest.

"Sorry.." I muttered, looking up to him and kept walking. Kyrre just chuckled and looked at me. "I never saw him so happy like that since I know him... You're good for him ... and you're really cute together!"

My eyes widened. "We're not a couple!" I protested, glancing at him. But there was a quiet voice in my head, saying that I was feeling the opposite. Kyrre chuckled softly wrapping a arm around me, while I was looking out for Alan, but the two we're out of sight already.

"Well... This looked a bit different a few moments ago..." He chuckled, widely grinning and I blushed extremely.

"We.. I.. uhm.." Kyrre interrupted me. "I don't wanna know why he was carrying you, but I'm just repeating what I said: you two would be a really cute couple!"

He took his arm away from me and it suddenly turned quiet. Someone hugged me from behind and I immediately recognised the smell of pine trees and stopped walking, just closing my eyes.

"Have you missed me?" Alan asked me quietly, his head resting on my shoulder, which strokes goosebumps down my back.

I saw Kyrre walking away awkwardly slowly and blushed as he gave me a amused glance. "Yes.." I whispered truthfully and quietly and Alan let me go, walking next to me and grabbed my hand.

"I hope you didn't killed Caro or what she was called after that what she told you!" I chuckled looking at him, following the path, still blushed.

"Nah, she's faster than me even with the speed code... I just saw her taking the elevator down to the center than I came back again!" He chuckled. I gave him a confused glare. "How can she be faster than you with the speed code? I mean you're hitting I don't know how much kilometres per hour with that code!"

Alan laughed. "She's the inventor of the speed code, of course she's faster than me then!" I blinked confused, not knowing what to encounter. "Yeah okay that makes sense.." I stammered and was glad as we arrived the gigantic oak and seeing Kyrre holding the doors of the elevator open, so we could get in too.

I nodded thankfully towards him, opening my hand and got into the metallic cabin, scratching my neck. Alan leaned against the wall looking at the floor.

I suppressed a yawn and gave both boys a apologizing glance. "Sorry I'm just tired..."

Kyrre chuckled and ran with his hand through his brown hair, his blue greenish eyes lightened up in amusement.

"We're only having 6:38pm in the evening and you're tired like we're having 12pm!" He laughed and the doors opened at level C again.

We went out, walking into the busy corridor, filled with several Walkers heading into one direction.

I laughed. "Dinner time?" Alan just nodded smiling. "You're hungry?" He added worried, but I shook my head.

"No, surprisingly not, just tired like hell!" Alan wrapped his arm around me, looking at Kyrre. "But you are aren't you?"