Chapter Twentyone

"What?" Alan asked me, coming closer to me, while I was staring at Fynn.

His hologram wasn't clear and stabile like usual, it was transparent in many spots or just was glitching away when he moves a little bit.

Sh..she's still here!

I jumped forward out of reflex as I saw him falling to the side but he just disappeared before he would have touched my hands.

Alan touched my shoulder and I twitched a bit. "F..fynn?" He asked worried and I just nodded.

"He said Ingrid is still here... But something is wrong with him." I glanced up to him, standing up again.

Alan's eyes got a bit darker. "We... We have to find them..!" He muttered emphatically, staring at the point Fynn was standing at a few minutes ago.

I nodded slowly, putting my hand on his shoulder to calm him down a bit. "But we know that Ingrid is still here... And trust me we'll find her!"

Carefully I rubbed his shoulder and tilted my head. Alan lowered his head, staring at the floor.

"I now know her for such a long time... I.. just don't want to believe that... She disappeared without telling me or Ryan." He muttered, glancing at me helpless.

I grabbed his hands quietly and pulled him closer to me. "Alan we'll find her... She.. just needs time for herself..."

Alan hugged me carefully and tightly. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

We broke up after a few seconds and I grinned happily.

"And now, can we get back to my room? I would like to change my clothes!" I laughed, looking at the white dress I was wearing and blushed a bit.

Alan's eyes lightened up a bit and he grinned amused. "Of course! Am I allowed to ask the lady out for a dinner later?" He chuckled and indicated a bow, smiling at me.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand, making slight kink and chuckled. "Gosh we're weird!" Alan laughed loudly.

Alan slapped my shoulder laughing. "Come on, let's go now! Otherwise we won't get any food anymore!" I gave him a death glare, opening the door and entering the corridor again.

I waited for Alan and he went over to me, wrapping his arm around my hip. Slowly we walked to the doors, marking the start of the corridor and opened them.

As soon as we turned left to get to the main corridor, we were confronted with several walkers, running around at the corridors.

Alan directed me to the elevator and luckily we got it in time, standing in the cabin with five other Walkers.

A few seconds later the elevator stopped at Level C again and we and another tall blonde man got out, walking towards the sleeping rooms.

It took us a while to get through the crowds coming from the training hall to get to my sleeping room and I was glad when I opened the door.

I washed my face quickly and went on the toilet, before turning off the light again and leaving the room.

"Alan?" I asked, waiting at the doorway, my hand on the cold stonewall, looking into the living room.

Alan looked up from his mobile phone and smiled happy. "I'm coming!" He got out of the styrofoam bag and walked over to me.

I smiled shyly and turned to the door, grabbing my shoes to take them on. Alan kneed down following my example.

Gently he helped me up and opened the door. I chuckled and went out of the corridor, taking a look back into the flat.

Alan touched my shoulder and closed the door. I smiled at him, grabbing his hand and pulling it towards the end of the corridor, towards the cafeteria, because my stomach growled quietly.