Chapter Nineteen

Quietly we walked towards the elevator and I tied my hair into a ponytail again.

Alan and I didn't talked until we arrived at the woods again and I took a deep breath.

"Gosh I'm nothing more and more how much I've missed that during the month.." I smiled walking forward to a path in the bushes.

Alan chuckled behind me, walking a bit faster to go next to me. "I don't wanna know how it has to be one month down there without being allowed to go somewhere else.." he muttered.

Smiling I looked up to him. "Now I can go outside and that's everything what counts right?" Alan smiled and nodded.

"Yeah that's true.." Quietly we walked through the sunny forrest, our hands touching from time to time.

Some butterflies were flying through the dusty air, landing at some flowers along the way.

Suddenly Alan dared to grab my hand. A bit surprised I looked up to him, smiling. Alan blushed a bit crossing his hand with mine.

My cheeks turned red and I looked forward still smiling widely. Quietly we kept on walking, don't know what to say to each other.

"Uhm... Alan..?" I muttered, walking slower and looking up to him. Alan turned around to me smiling. "Yeah?" He answered softly and stopped walking.

"By the training.. when um.. I struggled right?" I stammered, not knowing how to say it exactly. Alan nodded.

"I.. uhm I saw a red haired Walker jumping down next to me..." Stammering I looked on our crossed hands, a bit feared about his reaction.

Alan's other hand touched my cheek slightly, forcing me to look up into his eyes. "You sure that he had red hair?" He whispered. "I'm sure that there was nobody..." Alan added quietly.

I nodded. "It.. it was the same Walker who helped me out a month ago... And.. he um.. helped me during the training..." I whispered trying to look away.

Alan rubbed my cheek softly. "Do you know who he is...?" He asked looking at me closely. I nodded carefully.

"I.. he's... He's Fynn.." I whispered, closing my eyes. "I saw his tag... At the day I woke up..." I added quickly whispering.

Alan was quiet, but I felt his hand still being on my cheek. "Well... I don't know why.. why he chose you.." He muttered and I dared to open my eyes again, looking at his blue-greenish eyes. "But... What you're seeing there.. is.. called echo... When.. um.. a Walker dies... He can choose one person, one other Walker, who can see his echo, some kind of hologram.. um.. guiding him trough the life.." Alan explained quietly.

My eyes widened. //He said Hologram... Does that mean that.. that they shouldn't be able to talk?// I looked up to him again.

"Do you knew him before..?" Alan tried to find a explanation why Fynn should have chosen me. I shook my head. "I've seen him the first time a moth ago.." I whispered, turning my head away.

Alan smiled sadly. "I first had the hope.. that he's still alive.. but that he's just a echo now.. proves the opposite..." He stepped back and opened his other hand.

Immediately I missed his warm hand. "Hey.. Alan please, I don't think that he wanted you to turn introvert just cause he isn't anymore..." I tried to save the conversation, grabbing his hand again.

Alan smiled. "That could be his words yes..." He pulled me closer, hugging me tight. "Thanks Chrissy.." He muttered into my hair.

I just hugged him back, unsure if I should tell him that Fynn could be alive, but cause I wasn't sure about that and I don't want him to have a hope and getting disappointed at the end, I kept being quiet.