Chapter Sixteen

The birds stopped singing and everything went quiet, only our horses were snorting from time to time or taking a deep breath.

The sun disappeared behind the trees and it began to become dark and a bit cooler.

Alan took his arm away and stood up. "I think we have to go now..." He whispered, carefully not to destroy the calm feeling.

I smiled up to him and stood up too. Carefully I hugged him and smiled slightly as he hugged back.

We stood like this for a few minutes but then Alan stepped back. Daan pulled on the reins, trying to get some more green grass. Alan chuckled, before turning around to his fjord horse.

I tightened the girth again and Daan snorted surprised and raised his head quickly, looking at me confused. Chuckling I patted his head carefully and turned the reins over again.

Alan was already sitting on Bijou when I turned around to him again. He smiled, before turning his horse around quickly and riding downhill.

I followed him, riding on his right side, the reins in one hand, the other one on my leg. Suddenly, a warm hand grabbed my right one and I gave Alan a surprised smile.

He smiled to and Bijou started trotting, Daan followed her instantly. Holding Alan's hand tightly, we trotted through the shady forrest, heading home.

It took a bit longer until we were able to see the stud farm again but we slowed the horses down again and Alan opened his hand.

I grabbed both reins again, riding towards the stables where we jumped down again. Alan smiled and tied Bijous halter onto a ring to take her saddle off.

A half hour later, I gave Daan a last hug, before closing his box gate again. Alan was already waiting for me at the door for the reception.

I chuckled, running over to him. As Alan opened the door, the woman looked up again. "Oh you two are back! How was your ride?" She gave Alan a wide grin.

"It was awesome!" He chuckled. "We brought Daan and Bijou again in their boxes, they did it absolutely amazing!" He searched something in his pockets. "Thank you so much..."

Alan gave her a 50€ bill, widely smiling. The woman grinned back, taking the bill. "Thanks Alan. I hope to see you again another time!" He chuckled. "You can bet on that! See ya!"

He turned around and came over to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. Smiling and a bit blushing I opened the door and left the small building.

"It... Alan it was just wonderful!" I whispered looking up to him and kept on walking into the woods. "I'm still speechless.." I added, wrapping my arm around his hip.

Alan chuckled. "I'm glad that you enjoyed it the same way I did!" He muttered, rubbing my shoulder. "I can't say how much I'm thanking you for that!" I whispered turning around as soon as we entered the shadows and hugged him tight.

His voice stroke goosebumps down my back as he muttered: "I'm thanking you too for the unforgettable evening Chrissy!" I blushed and hugged him tighter.

"Even if I don't wanna stop here... We have to get back." He whispered, stepping back and looking into my eyes. I nodded, slightly smiling and as he turned around, I jumped on his back again.

Still smiling I buryied my face in his hood again and closed my eyes, just enjoying our speed and the silence.

Our flight ended after a few minutes and I opened my eyes, slightly sleepy. "We're back.." Alan whispered softly and slowly I jumped down again.