Chapter Thirtythree

Ingrid looked back at Oli and sighed, getting up slowly.

"Well, I think I have leave him now for a second..." Her voice was quiet and I nodded slowly. "And you guys better get out of here, before Ryan will see you..." I chuckled and stepped back a bit, allowing here to past me and get to the door.

She stopped at the door again, her hand on the door handle and looked back. I wasn't able to identify the emotion in her green eyes, but suddenly Ingrid muttered a very quiet apology and left the room quickly.

"And I thought we socialised her a bit..." Alan noticed confused, looking at the door. I sighed, raising my hand to take the hood down.

I turned around to Kyrre, his eyes were closed and he had his hand around a necklace, muttering something quietly. Alan lowered his head and walked over to Oli.

"Damn dude what are you doing..." He whispered and I closed my eyes for a second, before I took my mask down walking over to the door.

"I'll go and search Ingrid." My voice was quiet, I knew that she needed someone to talk right now and I need to. Before Alan was able to say something the door was already closed again and I was running through the corridors, searching for the tall australian girl.

I was running towards the elevator as I suddenly noticed her standing in the cabin alone. Quickly, I threw my backpack into the elevator to keep the doors opened and got into the metallic cabin fast.

Ingrid looked up, her eyes still swollen and red. "Hey Chris..." She whispered and turned her head away, hiding her tears. Quietly I stepped forward and hugged her again, comforting her.

We stood there quietly, until the doors opened again and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, grabbing the backpack again and leading her towards our room carefully.

Tears were running down her cheeks again and she stumbled something's but we made it to our room without any problems. Slowly I opened the door and she broke away from me, running towards the sleeping room quickly.

I bit my lip and took my shoes off, walking over to the bathroom, the backpack still in my hands. Slowly I closed the door and took a quick look in the mirror, seeing myself covered in mud, several leaf pieces in my hair, small cuts on my cheek and looking like I haven't slept for ages.

"Holy..." I whispered, taking the hoodie and the trousers off quickly, just staffing them into clothes basket and jumping right under the shower.

Warm water was falling down on my back and I sighed quietly, grabbing the shower gel.

The foam was burning in the several small scratches but I closed my eyes and kept on washing my hair carefully.

It only took a few minutes to get rid of the mud and the thorns in my arms and I turned the water off again, wringing my hairs out.

But as soon as I changed my clothes and grabbed the still dirty backpack, I heard familiar sounding music coming out of the sleeping room and my eyes widened a bit surprised.

Slowly I opened the eyes and looked at Ingrid, who was sitting on the lower bed, wrapped up in a blanket, her eyes closed, her phone playing the music and her shoulders trembling a bit.

"Nothing is as bad as you think... Even when you're pulling at the seams... When the lights go out you still got me..." I sang quietly along the lyrics, letting the backpack falling down at the ground and ignoring the memories coming up with that song. Ingrid looked up and gave me a confused glance, tears glittering in the corner of her eyes.

"You... You know that song...?" She whispered and I came closer slowly. Ingrid sighed, resting her head again on her knees, wrapping the blanket closer around her.