Chapter Thirtyeight

Rolling my eyes, I groaned and tried to bury my face in the soft pillow but I made my bill without Alan, who actually pushed me out of the bed, that I landed on the ground, wrapped up in the blanket.

Alan was just laying on the bed, laughing loudly while I was trying to get up again and gave him my best death glare. "You flipping idiot..." I groaned and got up, shaking my head to get some hair out of my face.

Crossing my arms and staring at him angrily, I was watching him how he got up and threw my blanket on the bed again. "Remember our training we started before the mission? I think we should continue!"

My eyes widened and I groaned angrily. "And that's why you're throwing me out of the bed that early? Because you want to chase me through that gigantic thing?!" I asked him in disbelief.

"Yeah?" He answered and stood up to pull me in a quick hug. "Du er et idiot..." I groaned, punching against his chest slightly. Alan stumbled back, playing wounded and fell on the bed again, holding his chest and breathing heavily.

"A Oscar please for this man." I commented sarcastically, grabbing a pillow and throwing it into his face. Alan chuckled and threw the pillow back, looking at me widely smiling. "Oh suddenly you're back from the dead?"

He closed his blue eyes and took a deep breath and I groaned, turning around and getting over to the door, opening and turning left to go over to the bathroom. I took a quick shower before going on the toilet and brushing my teeth.

As soon as I looked up to the mirror, I wished I hadn't done it. My hair looked like a complete mess, the slight locks were knotted together and I started to untie them carefully.

A few moments someone knocked at the locked bathroom door. "Chrissy can I come in?" I heard Alan asking carefully and I chuckled, walking over to the door and opening it. "I will take this as a yes." He smiled and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before entering the bathroom and locking the door.

I shook my head smiling slightly and walked over to his sleeping room again, sitting down on the bed and waiting for him to come back. While looking around my eyes met the keyboard on the desk and I slowly got up, unsure if I should turn it on.

A few years ago I was able to play piano but I wasn't able to remember anything today. I raised my hand and pressed the turn on button. The small screen flashed bright orange before showing the keyboard.

Quickly I grabbed Alan's chair and rolled it over to the keyboard, sitting down and putting my hands on the cold keys slowly. My eyes closed, I started playing the first song which came up to my mind.

It was a song I've heard several times in my childhood, a song I connected many memories with. Quietly, the melody of "Golden Glory" from the Scottish band Runrig was playing from the keyboard.

I was surprised how well I knew the notes, but I closed my eyes, singing the song text in my head quietly. The song actually stroke goosebumps down my back, memories were showing up at my inner eye.

With a slight smile on my face I kept fighting the tears back and finished the song, slightly shivering. The last note was hanging in the air, stroking goosebumps down my arms. I took my hands off and buried them in the hoodie pocket.

Someone quietly gave me a applause and I twitched back, glancing up to Alan who was leaning in the doorway, the hair still wet from the shower. His blue eyes were sparkled with different emotions when he pushed himself from the wall, walking over to me.

"I didn't know you can play piano." He noticed kneeing down next to me so he had to look up to me. I tried to ignore the fact that he still didn't have a shirt on and lowered my glance on the keyboard again.