Chapter Twentytwo

I was sitting on my chair at the table in the living room, staring at the wall, and slowly eating my cereal.

The last days has been exhausting, even Alan wasn't able to cheer me up like usual and even Fynn disappeared.

I tried everything to get in contact with the red haired guy, but I haven't figured out a way to talk to him.

Someone knocked the door and I muttered, without looking up: "Come in..."

Slowly I took another spoon of cereal and waited for the person to come in.

The chair opposite to me was moved and my eyes widened surprised. I almost tripped over my bowl when I jumped up, staring at the person who sat down on the chair.

"Fynn?!" My voice trembled heavily and I stared at the still bugging hologram in front of me.

His face was half covered by his red hair, but his skin was more blue than pale and my eyes widened as I discovered the fresh wound on his cheek which was still bleeding.

He smiled slightly pained and I ran over to him, grabbing his shoulders. "Where have you been?!" I asked him worried about his health.

His arms were glitching away sometimes, and he looked up to me, touching my hand slightly. His black hoodie was torn apart and bloody almost everywhere.

Slowly he stood up, wobbly on his legs and I noticed that he was even taller than Alan. I was able to see through his left arm and glanced at him, while he was walking over to the door.

Wondering why he wasn't talking to me, I followed him, cause he was waiting for me at the door.

His hologram faded extremely and I opened my eyes shocked, while he was pointing at the door. I frowned in confusion, opening it and walking on the corridor, waiting for the tall man to come to me.

He was limping towards me, holding his stomach, his blue eyes dark of pain. I wanted to walk over to him and help him but he shook his head.

Extremely worried about his health, I walked close to him, looking at him almost all the time. He rolled his eyes, punching against my shoulder, even if his arm was almost invisible.

I ignored it, still watching him, but he suddenly disappeared and appeared again at the exit of the sleeping rooms part.

Quickly I ran over to him, cause he was leaning against the wall heavily breathing. "Are you okay?!" I asked him worried, supporting his shoulder.

He pushed my hand away, glaring at me and I stared at the floor, wanting to help him, cause I know that he wouldn't accept it.

Fynn grinned grimly and limped forward, me following him slowly, worried about him and concerned where he wanted to go.

He stumbled and I prevented him from falling on the ground. Fynn sighed, still walking forward through the tunnel, but not towards the elevator, but towards the end of the tunnel on our right side.

Surprised, I followed him and twitched back a bit, as he disappeared again suddenly. It took a few seconds until I found him again, sitting at the ground at the end of the tunnel, holding his chest.

"Fynn!" I screamed, ignoring the questioning glares from a few Walkers, coming out of the training hall entry. As fast as I could, I ran over to him, kneeing down next to him, checking his chest.

He pushed my hands away, getting up again, and moving forward even slower. I noticed a blonde girl, standing in the corner and staring at her mobile phone.

Fynn pointed at her with his last energy, before he collapsed and fell on his knees, breathing heavily.

"Who is that?" I whispered, touching his shoulder worried. Fynn glared at me, his eyes sparkling amused even if they still were dark of pain.