Chapter Fourtyone

Several wires were hooked up to my arms, fingers and hands as I laid in the hospital bed, a fluffy, thick blanket wrapped around me.

Someone was sitting beside me, holding my hand carefully and obviously sleeping. My tired eyes tried to figure out who it was, figuring out rather quickly that it was Alan.

Of course, I thought, smiling slightly.

Tim was leaning against the doorframe, watching me closely. He looked as if he had been standing there for a long time, maybe hours, because his eyes had dark circles around them.

"Hey Chris." He muttered quietly before moving over to me to check the monitors.

Alan stirred slowly, breathing in before rubbing his eyes and opening them slowly, smiling because he saw that I was awake.

"Hey Chrissy!" He chuckled softly and smiled even wider, rubbing my hand carefully. "How are you feeling?"

"Well, I'm not dizzy at all anymore, so I think I'm alright." I answered quietly and lowered my head.

"You sure that you're okay?"

I gave him an amused glance and rolled my eyes. "Yeah I am. I just hate that I'm back here again." I chuckled.

"You were here a few weeks ago, right?" Alan laughed quietly before he looked as if he remembered something extremely important.

I tilted my head. "What's wrong? What happened while I was gone?"

He sighed. "We got another hint." He told me quietly without looking in my eyes, staring down at his hands, seemingly nervous.

"What did it say?" I asked as Tim walked back into the doorway before walking back out, seemingly apologising to himself.

I heard Alan taking a deep breath. "It's another mission. This time it's in Spain." He told me quietly. "And we already organised the team."

"How soon are we leaving? Or am I not coming?" I asked.

Alan smiled slightly. "You're going to be part of it. It's a smaller thing, unfortunately nothing to do with Fynn. But something where we could save at least a hundred lives."

"Okay... When am I going to leave? Are you coming with me?" I started to ask him and he raised his hands to slow me down, chuckling.

He grabbed my hand, slightly rubbing it. "You can get well first, you'll be leaving in a week."

I raised my eyebrow, glancing at him slightly confused. "One week? And you already know what's going to happen?" I asked him confused, sitting up even more and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

He sighed and chuckled quietly. "Yeah we have some methods. Back to topic, you'll train with Ryan and Lachy, I told them to teach you some more codes you probably will need later on." Alan glanced down on his hands for a second before looking up again.

"While you're training here, I'll be absent for a few days, Cami and Andreas need me over in Norway. I'll be back around the time you'll be back from your mission too." He muttered quietly and I kinda had to smile about his shyness.

"Greet them from me okay?" I asked him, touching his hand slightly before putting the blanket aside. Alan smiled slightly and touched my cheek carefully, striking a strain of hair behind my ear. "I'll do, don't worry."

I was about to stand up, when I was suddenly reminded of the wires in my arms and rolled my eyes, leaning forward and almost falling into Alan's arms. "Ikke så fort, min kjære!" He muttered quietly in my ear, wrapping his arms around my chest.