Chapter Thirtytwo

Alan touched my cheek carefully, wiping the tears away, his hand on my shoulder.

"Chrissy... Calm down.." He grabbed my head with two hands carefully. "You didn't anything wrong!" But his voice was quiet, almost not hearable.

The shots, the screams from the soldiers and the wind was still echoing in my ears and every time I closed my eyes, I saw the soldiers getting hit, falling down to the ground lifeless and bleeding.

"Make it stop..." I whispered, staring up into his blue eyes, ignoring anything around me, trying to forget it. "Make that it will stop Alan..." My voice trembled and I started shivering.

"Make that they'll stop dying... I..." Alan interrupted me carefully. "C..Chris listen!" I still was staring at him, tied up by his clear blue eyes.

"It will stop. Listen, it will. But you have to get over it. Chris, listen everything will be alright." He came closer and still was staring at my eyes directly.

"You'll be okay. Christine trust me. We all have gone through this and look at me? Am I different now? Are we different now?" He asked me, leaning his forehead against mine.

My body stopped shivering a bit and I forced myself to breath deeper. My heartbeat calmed down slowly and I lowered my head a bit, staring at me dirty boots.

"Y...you're right..." I whispered, wanting to turn around to leave this place. But Alan stopped me, because he was still holding my head. I looked up to him again and he gave me a quick kiss on the forehead.

"I'll never leave you alone, remember it okay?" Alan whispered in my ear, just hearable for me. I closed my eyes and smiled a bit, before stepping back and glancing at the others, standing around us, their eyes worried.

Alan crossed his arms in front of his chest, nodding slowly. "We made it. Good job everyone." He chuckled. "And now let's get back to the center though, I don't wanna run around in these clothes anymore!"

Mihaela chuckled a bit, taking a quick look at the soldiers, standing a few metres away, too feared to do something, some were staring at their fallen companions.

"Well. We're available if you ever need someone to join you down here." She stepped closer and pulled Alan in a close hug. "Watch your steps you flipping idiot okay? I don't wanna glue you together the next time!"

Alan rolled his eyes and hugged her back, before she stepped back, coming over to Kyrre and me. "Impress this idiot over there okay? You did awesome today!" Mihaela grinned widely, even if it was hard to tell because of the mask and I hugged her thankfully.

"Watch yourself.." I muttered and stepped back, Alan immediately wrapped his arm around me and I leaned my head against his shoulder, kinda exhausted.

Kyrre got a tight friendly hug, before Paul came over to us, still limping a bit. "And the next time I see you two you're married okay?" He laughed, pointing at us with a quite unequivocally glance, his green eyes sparkling amused.

Alan laugher loudly, punishing against his shoulder slightly. "In your wildest dreams bro!" Paul laughed too, tilting his head. "Well, you don't know.." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"I don't wanna know what you are dreaming tho." I mentioned sarcastically and Alan chuckled. "See you again okay?" He muttered and pulled Paul in a close hug.

Paul slapped his back laughing and stepped back turning around to me. "Well, remember what I've said!" I rolled my eyes and hugged him short. "Yaya..." Paul laughed. "You'll see!"

He wanted to turn around but I stopped him. "Better let Mihaela heal that wound Paul." I noticed and pointed at his leg. He rolled his eyes. "It's going to be better soon, no need to worry." He muttered and walked over to Kyrre to say him goodbye.