Chapter Seven

I looked out the back window again.

"Get the body ready, I have to get us out of here!" Alan yelled, to be louder than the motor and the bullets hitting the car.

Without a word, Ryan and Kyrre jumped up and started opening the straps holding my body in place.

Their suits had turned back into the hoodies. I was barely able to see Kyrre's mask appearing and disappearing, like he was nervous.

Ryan turned around, starting to shut down all the computers. Alan looked backwards to us. "Christine, don't get shocked if you'll feel different for a second, I'll just..." His eyes met mine. "Nevermind..." He whispered.

//Okay..?// I turned my head again, seeing that Ryan has lifted up my body up to his back. Damn my neck didn't look healthy to be serious.

My vision went dizzy for a second and I grabbed the seat right next to me.

Sorry for that, I have to plug you into my WV 'cause we have to get out of the van...

I blinked confused, before nodding. "Ready?" Alan asked, while rushing around a corner. A quiet "Yes" came from Ryan and Kyrre and I nodded slowly.

Ryan opened the door, holding my body tight with one arm. "Go go go go go!" Ryan yelled and Kyrre jumped out of the car. Suddenly Alan stood next to me, throwing me over his shoulder.

With a with a strangled sound my stomach hit his bony shoulder, before he jumped out of the fast driving van. Without a struggle he landed and immediately started running.

I saw Kyrre running in front of us and I was able to hear Ryan behind us. Alan's breath went fast but he kept running.

Can you see if the police are behind us? He gasped, breathless. I lifted up my head, which was kinda hard, while lying on his shoulder. "They just realized that we jumped out of the car, they're a good hundred meters away from us..." I answered.

>>Run until you're in the woods, then regroup!<< I heard Alan's voice in my head.

A black shadow rushed by. "When we're in the woods could you please let me walk on my own again? Your shoulder is more bony than comfy!"

Alan laughed quietly. "Wait, why do you know that we want to regroup in the forest?" He added slightly confused.

I didn't answered, but I tried to stay where I was.

Faster than I expected we arrived in the woods and we were covered by darkness.

"I think they lost us..." Alan stopped after a minute of running. Kyrre came to us.

"Where's Ryan?" Kyrre asked.

"I'm here don't worry." A voice behind me answered. Alan turned and I groaned. "Idiot aka #0, Alan or whatever could you please let me down?"

Kyrre chuckled and slowly Alan let me down. Caused by that, we stood pretty close to each other. I looked up into his blue eyes, filled with worries, while his hands were on my hip.

Ryan coughed quietly. "Could we go on please, or do you want to be alone?" He grinned.

I turned into a walking tomato and stepped back quickly, while Alan just turned his head away.

"Let's go." He whispered quietly, while walking forward into the bushes.

Still blushing I turned around to Ryan. "Everything fine?" I asked him worried, because he was still trying to catch his breath.

Ryan nodded and lifted my body up to his other shoulder.

"I'm just slowing you down, leave me here - I'm just a hologram right now, and you're risking everything to get me out here, even if I don't have an idea why..." I whispered, my voice filled with doubt.

Three eye pairs turned in my direction, flashing angrily. "You're not slowing us down and you're not just a hologram! You're one of us and I'm not going to leave you behind!" Alan countered with a slight shocked tone.

"But..." I tried to say something, but got interrupted by Alan again.

"Chris, listen, you're one of us, that's a fact and you can't change it. There's a reason why you almost have been killed, there's a reason why I don't want to you to be left behind! You may know the Walkers just as a fangr..."

This time I interrupted him. "We're not just fans! We're a family, holding together!" I looked at him. A big grin appeared on Alan's face and he nodded. "See? You already got it!" Ryan grinned.

I gave him my best 'shut-up' glare and he started chuckling.

"Now come on, the helicopter won't wait for long..." Kyrre mentioned, looking on his watch.

Alan agreed quietly, pulling his mask up again. Something in the bushes caught my attention.

And there he was again. The tall guy with the fire red hair and the light blue eyes, wearing a black hoodie with the typical mask on.

The last time I'd seen him, the second I almost died, and the first time when I freed myself and knocked out five guards. //What happened to them?// I asked myself.

"Christine?" Kyrre asked confused, waiting for me to follow them.

But his voice came from far away, I just was able to see the red haired boy, standing in a bush.

"Who are you?" I whispered, taking a step forward.

"Who are you talking to? There's nobody there!"

Kyrre interrupted my concentration and I looked at him. "The walker there..." I answered quietly and confused.

Kyrre followed my glare and looked back at me confused. Alan turned around, too.

"There's nobody?" He said, but it was more a question than a statement.

I blinked, staring at the red haired guy. He nodded and turned around, running away.

I opened my mouth to scream something behind it but Kyrre touched my arm slightly.

"Tell us later what that was okay? We have to go to the helicopter quickly!"

I nodded and started running. Alan switched a confused glare with Ryan as I ran past him, but then they followed me without a word.

It was like back when I freed myself. It wasn't me running there, it was someone else and I hadn't a chance to do anything against it.

My feet hit the floor faster and faster and I knew, that the #0, #18 and #5479 were right next to me, sprinting to get to our only chance to get out of here safely.

Suddenly I heard a loud explosion and lost my concentration. I started struggling and almost fell down on the wet leaves, if Alan hadn't stopped me from falling.

He grabbed my jacket and I looked back, through the leaves, seeing a gigantic smoke cloud.

"I think that was our van.." Ryan grinned. "I programmed it to explode after a while, so Germany can't get access to our technology!" He added as explanation.

"Hopefully no one got hurt.." I whispered, turning around again and started jogging the last few meters.

As soon as we left the woods, I saw that black helicopter standing in a small opening with no trees.

Two walkers were waiting for us. Alan went over to them and I wasn't able to understand what they were saying but Alan nodded suddenly, opening the door on the side of the helicopter.

"Get in, we're taking off in a minute!" He said, while jumping into the cabin. Ryan followed him, still having my body on his shoulder.

A bit slower and a bit afraid, I hopped in last.

"Are you okay?" Alan asked worried as I sat down in the only free seat remaining, the one on his left side. "I've never flown before, I think that's my problem..." I muttered quietly. He wrapped his arm around me. "Don't worry, nothing will happen, I'm here.." He whispered softly.

My face turned into a tomato again, while he just chuckled.

The rotor started turning and Ryan closed the door. His brown eyes met mine and I knew, he was thinking about the situation a few moments ago.