Afterword

Hey,

Caro and fifthsignature here.

After one year and exactly one day, 95,834 words, 506,386 letters, 45 chapters and a prologue, 17 supporting characters, 11 separate planning/writing documents, 229 days writing together and countless hours of brainstorming, planning and writing, the first book of our first trilogy comes to an end.

First of all, we want to thank you.

Thank you for reading, voting, leaving feedback.

Thank you for sticking around this whole year we've been working on the first book.

There will definitely be more in the future.

It is a long time and we thank you for every single time you supported us, showing us that you were enjoying reading our story.

10,000 reads is an incredible number. It is actually the best ending we could ever imagine for this book, finishing it with reaching 10,000 reads, 1,000 votes and over 300 comments full of your feedback!

We've never been here just for reads or votes but we can't ignore what a milestone this is. 1000 people is more than what either of us can even manage to imagine, let alone 10,000.

All we wanted to do was share our story. Sharing the life of Christine Schmitter, suddenly being completely changed by the appearance of the Walkers, opening the doors to a whole new universe.

But our work isn't done yet.

The next step we are going to take is reworking the first part of the trilogy, fixing translation errors, grammar mistakes and spelling errors, as well as fixing plot holes, adding stuff we forgot to add in the first place, which is now done.

Our second step is going to be merging some chapters together to mainly reduce the length, as well as being able to add more details without making it feel stretched out, which is done as well.

Our last step is to continue the story in the next book.

We will keep everyone who has joined our community Discord server so far updated as soon as we have reworked a chapter or how the whole process is going, as well as when the second book will be out.

The link to said server is still on my profile due to Wattpad not allowing functional links in chapters.

All in all, we thank you, for everything you gave us in this year.

Keep your eyes open for new mysteries and hints.

- fifthsignature and Caro

Edit:
The second book is up!

You can now find W41K3R5 J01N || walkers join on my profile for the continuation of this story!

Enjoy reading!