Chapter Seven

Ally laughed at the television screen, she loved watching re-runs of SNL. It always makes her laugh.

She had a glass of orange juice in her hand and an empty bowl of cereal sitting on the coffee table in front of her. She was the only one up in the house of three other girls who were sleeping tight in their beds. She loved being the first one up. The house is quiet and no corruption and loud mouths for a hour or two.

All peace before the storm, Ally always describes it as.

That peace was ruined when she heard a door down the hall open ten minutes later.

Damn. Ally rolled her eyes. Please don't let that be Lauren.

"Good morning!"said Normani as she walked into the living room, smiling at Ally.

"Hi there!"Ally greeted with the same polite smile as Normani sat down on the couch beside her best friend.

"How are you this morning?"She asked happily before taking Ally's glass of orange juice and drinking some, making Ally jaw drop when she placed it back in Ally's hand half full.

Ally playfully rolled her eyes, "I'm fine. And you?"

"I'm fine as well."Mani shrugged. "How'd you sleep?"she asked before narrowing her eyes at Ally. Ally didn't catch what she meant.

"I slept pretty good. You?"

"Ally."Mani smirked. "How did you sleep?"

Ally still wasn't catching on. "Mani, I slept well."

Mani sighed and got up to look down the hall. When she saw Lauren's door closed, she flopped back down beside Ally who was looking at her confused.

"She's not back there."Ally chuckled. "She came in here to the couch. She must be in the bathroom."

"I heard Lauren yell fuck you last night. What was that about?"Normani admitted and Ally rolled her eyes and gulped down the rest of her drink.

"It was nothing."Ally lied while leaning forward and sitting her empty glass on the table beside her cereal bowl.

"Bitch don't lie to me."Normani said sharply. "I've known you for five years now. Don't tell me it was nothing, shorty. No one says fuck you so harsh like that for nothing. Plus I heard you say-"

"Dang, Mani! You sure are nosey as hell."Ally scoffed.

"Well...."Mani shrugged carelessly. "My nose is big."

Ally scoffed again, "Okay smartass."

"But back to what we were talking about."Mani sat up. "What happened though??"

"Oh my gosh, nothing."Ally said again. "I was sleep and she came in and turned that loud tv on and it woke me up. So I turned it off. She got mad, I felt some type of way about her tone so I got mad. Then we argued and she was like you make me sick and I was like then die and that's when Lauren said fuck you."

"You're lying."Mani said dryly.

"I'm not!"Ally argues.

"You are not s-"

"I heard my name."Lauren said calmly as she and Dinah entered the room.

"Hey guys!"Dinah said happily.

"Hey Dinah!"Ally smiled.

"Hey D!"Mani smiles as well.

"What are y'all talking about??"Dinah asked.

"Something I would like to know as well."Lauren said before crossing her arms.

"I heard you guys arguing last night."Mani confessed and Ally sighed.

"So you tellin my business?"Lauren looked at Ally.

"Excuse me?"Ally frowned as well. "First of all, its not just YOUR business."

"It's not really much of anyone's personal business when the both of you were loud talking each other and slamming doors."Mani chirped in.

"Mani, stay out of this."Lauren glared at Mani.

"Nah, I'm not."Mani shook her head and stood up. "You standing there getting all worked up over some shit that is not that serious. You were the one who got loud and yelled F you. So hush."

"Normani, this has nothing to do with you."Lauren said calmly.

"It does now."Mani nodded and stood in Lauren's face. "You seem to forget mama that we are all best friends here. Ones "business" is all of our business, you hear me?"

"Mani I told you to stay out of this!"Lauren raised her voice. "I'm talking to Ally! She had my name in her mouth! I wanna know why!"

"I just told you why, you idiot!"Mani raised her
voice mad well.

"Don't call me that!"Lauren groaned as she pushed Mani back. Mani reacted quickly when she frowned and pushed Lauren back.

"Don't put your hands on me!"

"Then get out of my face, bitch!"Lauren shouted as she pushed Mani again.

"I will once you stop talking to Ally like you fuckin crazy!"Mani pushed Lauren once more, this time hard enough that it makes Lauren stumble back and fall.

Dinah and Ally rushes in, Ally grabbing Mani and Dinah grabbing Lauren.

Lauren snatched away, "Don't fucking touch me!"

Dinah scoffed, "You need to calm down."

"You need to shut the fuck up talking to me."Lauren mocked her before grabbing her keys and walking towards the door.

She glared back at Ally, "And you need to keep my name out you fucking mouth because I don't even like you that. Never have."

Lauren opened the door, "Don't wait up for
me." Then she slammed it behind her.

"Oh don't worry!"Mani yelled, Allys arm still wrapped around Mani's waist. "I wouldn't dare lose sleep waiting for you, bitch!"

"Mani calm down."Ally said softly. Dinah was standing with her hands on her hips.

"Nah, she must not know who she talking to." Mani said as she pulled away. "I will literally drag her ass through this house."

"Let's just go eat breakfast, shall we?"Dinah sighed.

"Please."Ally sighed too.

"No."Mani ran towards the door but Dinah caught her by her waist in time.

"No ma'am!"Dinah said loudly.

"What? I'm just gonna talk to her."

"Girl with what? Your fist?"Ally laughed as Dinah pulled Normani into the kitchen.

"Maybe."Normani shrugged before laughing.