Chapter Eight

12:15am

Lauren, at first, thought to stay at a motel 6 till the morning, but she was afraid that would make her seem like a punk.

So she sat in her car, staring up at the house that she shared with three other girls.

"I really don't wanna go back in there." She said aloud, speaking to no one but herself. "But there's no way I'm gonna let those brats run me out of a home I help pay rent for. There's just no way in hell."

So without questioning herself any longer, she snatched her keys out the engine, grabbed her wallet and phone and starts her walk up the driveway to the front door. She turned the key in the lock and in seconds, the door opened. She pushed the door slowly, revealing her eyes to darkness and reached her hand towards the wall to place the code into the alarm.

She closed the door quietly and sat her keys on the coffee table before making her way to the hallway to her room.

At first, she decided to just crash on the couch. That sounded like the better option. That became a suggestion only because she could avoid facing Ally that way. But then that wouldn't really make a difference because she would have to eventually, why Ally's an early bird. She'd be up before anybody.

Lauren sighed with angst and tiredly walked down the hall to her shared bedroom and opened the door quietly, not to wake her.

Fuck.

Ally however, was already awake. She was sitting in the middle of her bed, staring up at the tv with a blanket wrapped around her like a toddler watching a horror movie.

She was watching her show, This Is Us.

Not wanting to speak and or distract her, Lauren grabbed clothes from her dresser drawers and walked towards the bathroom. Before she walked in, she heard a voice.

"Hi Lauren."Ally said quietly, but loud enough to make Lauren aware that she noticed her presence. She said it in a tone that was sweet, like she was in general. It was a tone that calmed Lauren, a tone that notified Lauren that she wasn't trying to start anything and it was just a genuine greeting.

So without looking over her shoulder, she spoke back.

"Hey."She said before closing the door. She said it in the same tone as Ally-well at least she tried. She still felt like she couldn't trust Ally, and Ally speaking all nice could be a trap. Ally might try to start an argument as soon as Lauren gets out the shower or some shit like that. So Lauren gave her best hello, quick and simple, and proceeded to take her shower.

When exiting the steamy bathroom, dressed in a large shirt, feeling clean and refreshed, she looked over at Ally who was now laying down in bed on her phone and threw what happened to be Ally's black lace underwear over at her, it landing on the shorty's head.

Ally quickly pulled it off her head and examined it before tossing it over towards her clothes basket by her closet door.

"You need to learn to make sure you grab all your dirty belongings when you leave the bathroom. I don't wanna step out the shower, look down, and boom, there lays your dirty underwear beneath my feet." said Lauren as she tossed her own dirty clothes in her basket at the end of her bed.

"I'm sorry," Ally said sincerely. "I thought when I picked everything up off the floor, that I grabbed everything. My apologies."

Lauren shrugged it off because those things happen. But in the back of Lauren's mind, she was thinking that maybe Ally left them there on purpose to get a reaction. But she rolled her eyes as she walked towards her bed, dismissing the thought. However, that thought haunted her so bad that it spilled out of her mouth.