Chapter Forty-Four

• • •

• • •

Ally'sPOV
I was concerned. Lauren was concerned. We both were. Over these last month, my stomach was bigger than it should be for me to only be a month and two weeks. And I was sick all yesterday, vomiting. I looked a month older than I was and I wasn't sure if it was right. It didn't feel right either.

Today was my second examination. I'm going this time to see how big the baby has gotten and my doctor wanted to talk to me and Lauren.

"Babe, calm down."Lauren said to me as she drove me to the doctor. "Don't freak out."

"What do you mean don't freak out??"I frowned. "Lauren my stomach is not suppose to be as big as it is this early. My bump is not really suppose to show just yet."

"Maybe you got twins cookin in thurr."She laughed.

"Lauren stop, i'm serious."I glared at her. I looked down at my little bump and rubbed it. What if there are twins in there?

"Besides,"I caught my train of thought. "That can't be so. When the doctor showed us the ultrasound, there was only one egg. There wasn't two. So that can't be right. Maybe it's just weight."

"True."she shrugged.

...

My doctor looked at the carefully, studying it.

"Before I say anything, will you excuse me for a moment?"He asks before turning off the screen. I nodded with sigh and left out the room.

I looked u pat Lauren who looked so calm meanwhile I was freaking out. My heart was damn near out of my chest and I was getting hot.

When the doctor came back, he came with the nurse. She put that cold liquid across my lower stomach while the doctor turned on the screen again. She placed this thing on top of my belly and moved it around slowly. Me and Lauren stared at the screen with curiosity.

"Ladies,"My Doctor sighs before smiling, pulling me from my thoughts. "Great news."

"What is it?"I lifted my brows.

She flashed a smile and looked at us. "You two are expecting twins."

My jaw fell open and me and Lauren looked at each other at the same time. I was lost for words.

"But when we came last time, there was only one egg, and there still is one egg."Lauren reminded him before pointing at the screen.

"That's how it goes."He nods. "With twins, they come in one egg, that's why their eggs are the biggest. That's why Miss Hernandez's belly is bigger than it would be if she were to only be carrying one child. The egg will eventually separate when the twins get big enough so that they grow separately. If you look closely..."

He zooms I'm on the egg. "If you look right here, you can see that the egg is not exactly a circle. It's more of an oval, which means that soon, they will depart and grow. When you came last, the egg was more a circular shape, so you couldn't really tell. But now, you can."

I started smiling like an idiot. Lauren was so excited that I could feel how excited she was by how hard she was squeezing my hand.

After about another 45 minutes of bombard g him with questions, he listed thing I had to stop doing and eating now that I am responsible for two lives.

I can't eat sushi or any raw meat or fish, I can't really drink too much caffeine, definitely can't drink alcohol. I can drink wine, but the doctor preferred that I know just to be safe and nothing unpasteurized.

Overall, I was still excited. Me and Lauren were, this was the gift the pastor mentioned. It's also our dream. We've always wanted twins, and now we have them.

"We are truly blessed."Lauren smiles before placing her hand on my thigh. She looks so cool when she drives. I look like an old woman when I drive. She's just so much better than me and I love her anyway.

"Yes we are."I nodded with a smile too. I couldn't really do anything else. I couldn't stop thinking about the two buns in my oven.

We started having a very deep conversation about our future with these two children and we fell back down to moving to New York or Rhode Island. L.A. is cool but we don't our kids born here.

"How about Texas?"She suggests. "That way we're closer to your family and when we need to leave for work, we have a babysitter."

"I've thought about that but I didn't think you would want to do that."I said uneasy. I literally couldn't believe she even suggested something like that.

"Oh yes. I think that's a perfect decision."She nodded with enthusiasm. "We can settle there in maybe Austin, or Houston and just transfer your medical information to your doctor down there."

I smiled and clapped cheerfully before leaning across the arm rest to kiss her cheek. "Lauren I love you!"

"I love you too bebe!"She giggles. "I'm so honored to start this family with you."

I can't wait to see what the future holds.

...

The next day, we were looking at houses in Houston and we came across a beautiful two story mansion with land and a pool. Everything is just going how I want it to and it's overwhelming.

I broke the news to my family and Lauren told Mani and Dinah and everyone is just so ecstatic!!! Even the fans are losing it and they had me and Lauren trending again.

It took Lauren two whole days to get everything situated with the realtor and we're scheduled to go tour the property at the end of the week.

I was sitting beside Lauren, watching her handle her business while rubbing my small bump. After everything that has happened within the last few weeks, it drowned my mind and I started to cry. Lauren looked form her phone and rushed to hug me.

"I'm sorry,"I apologized. "This is all just happening so fast I-I Lauren it's overwhelming for me."

"I know."she nodded slowly. "It's very overwhelming. Hell i'm just as overwhelmed as you are. But we got this. We gon make it, alright? Trust me, soon we'll be squared away and content. Ok?"

It was something in the way she said it that made me believe her. I trusted her words and hugged her back.

"Ok."I said softly as she kissed my temple.