Chapter Thirty-Eight

• • •

• • •

Time skips four months into the relationship.
Four months since hiatus announcement.

Ally'sPOV
She hasn't called me all day. Not even text me. Maybe she's enjoying her solitude and just doesn't wanna be bothered. But she ran out so early this morning that when I woke up, she was gone. Maybe she had places to be, or she was late for something but she hasn't called or texted me all day. I texted her and told her I was on my way to see her and she only texted me "k". Somethings up. She's never responded "k". She has better sense.

I knocked softy on her door and waited.

I knock a little harder the second time and wait again.

Eventually, the door unlocks and there stands she.

"Hey..."She speaks softly, her voice weak and more raspy than usual. Her eyes were red. She looks like she hasn't gotten enough sleep. She just looks...tired...I don't know. I can't explain it. She had on her sports bra and gray sweatpants. Her fake hair was up in a ponytail. Lauren just looks pitiful. Beaten down. Oh my gosh. I feel bad for coming over so dressed up.

"Hi..."I speak in the same tone, examining her appearance.

"H-how y'doing?" I stutter out while sticking my hands in my back pockets. I don't know how I feel about anything right now. I don't know if I want to pull her to me and just hold her or keep my distance. "I haven't heard from you all day and I just came by to check on you."

She takes a deep breath and puts her arms behind her back and looks at the floor."I'm cool. Just being lazy."

She tries to chuckle but it's obviously fake; she tried lightning the mood but failed. I nod with a crooked smile, seeing Lauren like this doesn't make me happy at all. I'm use to her being so happy to see me that she tackles me as soon as she opens the door. She's not calling me bebe, she hasn't given me a kiss, a hug...nothing.

"Are you ok?"I ask with concern. It's obvious that she wasn't, but I wanted to see if she would tell me the truth. I truly cared and was curious to know.

"I guess."She mumbles, avoiding from looking at me directly, staring at the brown polished wooden floor beneath her.

"You're a terrible liar."I comment. She doesn't look ok, and I know she's not ok.

"Is it obvious?"She asks with a sad smile before leaning against the door and I nodded.

This is off topic but I love when she wears nothing but a sports bra and sweatpants with her hair in a ponytail. She's such a tomboy. She shows off all her tattoos and I love each and every one of them.

"Can I at least come in?"I speak up, trying not to mumble like a nerd asking a cheerleader to go to prom like in those stereotypical high school romance drama movies.