Chapter Forty

• • •

• • •

Lauren'sPOV
Ain't it funny how you can go from having fun and living your best life with your significant other to...a distant ass day??

These last few days...that's what it's been. Ally. Distant. She's been avoiding sex. She doesn't wanna sleep with me. She's not staying long when she comes over. If she falls asleep and I carry her to the bed with me, she's already gone when I wake up. She's not all up on me like usual.

Yesterday, she called Dinah on the phone and she literally left the apartment to talk to her. Mani called her yesterday morning and she went into the bathroom to talk to her. When she's texting, she usually doesn't care if I look. But lately she holds the phone away so that I can't look on the screen. I don't know what the fuck is going on.

I don't wanna assume she's cheating but that's what it feels like. Why else would you be doing this weird shit??

I've been tryna see if she would come tell me why she's been acting the way she has but she hasn't. She always talks to me when she has something on her mind. It's the same in vice versa. And I don't really wanna invade her with questions but if she's not gonna tell me, then confronting her is what it has come down to.

As of now, I'm at her apartment and we're in the living room watching Netflix.

It even feels awkward being around her. Sitting this close with my arm around her and her head on my shoulder. I feel like I'm cuddled up next to a stranger. And this weird ass silence made me have to pee.

No one really looks in trash cans, right? I mean...why would they?

But while I was wiping my hands, my eyes so happened looked into the small trash can and I-wait a minute. You're fucking joking.

Now I don't normally dig my hands into trash cans either but, I had to make an exception.

I pulled out what I thought was a pregnancy test and when I got it out, it was just that.

There were three of them. I grabbed every one of them and laid them all out on the counter.

One said not pregnant while one had a plus sign and the other said pregnant. My eyes lit up and I almost screamed. The only thing that was holding me back from being excited and happy was the fact that Ally threw them away and she never even told me.

That's when everything clicked. She's been distant....because she's pregnant. But why though?

I got so pissed I stormed out the damn bathroom with all three of them clinched tight in my hand.

"Ally."I called before turning the corner and seeing that she wasn't on the couch.

"Ally!"I called again while looking around. The fact that she wasn't answering pissed me off more.