Chapter Forty-Five

Lauren'sPOV
Before you know it, we were back on a plane on our way back to L.A. That mansion has our names all over it. It's meant for us. And we're gonna live it. We closed on that house in just a week. It didn't even take long.

6 bedrooms, 6 baths. Perfect. Ally wants to get a big playground installed as soon as possible and I don't mind, as much land we got around that house, we could get a pool built too.

We're keeping our condos. We're not moving out of them. Ally figured it'd be a good idea to keep them so we'd have somewhere to stay when we come to town for work and I agreed.

We can't wait though, we're so damn excited to get into a place of our own together that it's awful. I mean we've practically been living together for awhile anyway, but soon, it'll be official. And with Ally being pregnant, if we weren't to move in a house, I'd definitely have her move in with me to watch her and take care of her. I know she can handle herself alone but still, I need her in my sight at all times.

Ally'sPOV She had me by the waist as we waited patiently in line to get to the parking lot. 

She must have sensed something wrong because she threw a playful arm around me while we walked to her car. But we were both so quiet. And I didn't know how to feel about it. I didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing. The silence was too strict once we got in the car.

"What's wrong baby?"I asked with concern. I knew what was wrong with me, but I wanted to know if the same thing was wrong with Lauren.

"I'm cool,"She answered while looking ahead out the windshield. She had not yet started the car. I could feel her shrug as her chin rests on top of my head. "It's just...I keep thinking about us moving. Like it's actually happening soon. It's like the closer the date comes, the more nervous I get."

"What are you nervous about?"I placed my hands on top hers that were glued around my waist.

"It's a big change. But it's a change I know for sure I wanna go through with you."She said sadly.

"Don't be nervous,"I shook my head. "We're in this together. We'll be back many times. I'm nervous too but we gon make it. I've never been pregnant, let alone with twins so imagine how I feel."

She turned me around so that we were facing each other, "I love you."

"I love you too, babylove"I smiled. "Give me a hug."

She leaned down and laid her head on my shoulder, her arms touching on my little bump and I heard light sniffling.

"Why are you crying?"I asked derailed.

She shrugged, "I dunno. Just let me cry, please."

Speaking as though Lauren cries every once in a while, I had to hug her tighter. She rarely cries. It's usually me who's crying all the time for I am a cry baby and extremely emotional. But to see her cry in my arms was not normal. But overall that, she was my baby and I would always lend her a shoulder. Besides, she's ALWAYS given me one.

When she calmed down, she pulled away and I held her face close, wiping her tears with my thumbs.

"Now you're too pretty to be crying,"I said softly, taking in her features.

"Stop it,"she giggled out. "I think we both know who the pretty one is."

"Well I'm flattered, dahling"I smiled. "But we're both beautiful."

"Thank you."she smiled back.

"You are so welcome."

"What time is it?"Lauren asked after a while.

I looked at my watch, "It's a quarter to 5. We're suppose to go to dinner with Mani and Dinah."

"Alright,"She nodded as she took my hand in hers. "I know we've been out here for awhile."

"Three whole hours,"I giggled, her laugh following behind. We were on the same hill we had our picnic on.

"C'mon,"she smiled as she walked me to the car.

...

"Y'all know I don't cry."Mani sniffled, trying to quickly wipe her tears before they fell from her eyes.

"It's okay to cry,"I said, holding back tears of my own. "I mean the friendship that we've rekindled just over a matter of months is unbelievable. I never felt so close to a group of people before other than family. And now that this will be our last moment with you two, it's hard to say goodbye."

"Truth be told I never seen the good in it anyway,"I pouted.

I can see the hurt in Lauren's eyes and she looked so sad. She looked at Dinah who wasn't saying anything or showing any emotion. No one knew what she was feeling and that's what made Lauren hurt even more. I like to say that her and Dinah were closer than any of us.

"Dinah..."Lauren said softly, tears rolling down her cheeks. "We didn't make forever but we've been friends for a long time and trust me, I never thought it'd end. And it's not. But if you really look at it, you can finally have those god children to spoil. It's hard to say goodbye, love. But I've got to. At least for right now."

Lauren eyes were glassy and it hurt me not to shed a few tears. I've never seen Lauren this vulnerable in a while.

"Lauren please say something,"Lauren begged. "We're all standing here helpless. We were always so close to each other, Dinah. You'll always be my girl. You were always my friend and I love you so much."

"I don't wanna say goodbye,"Dinah finally spoke up. "Because this is not a goodbye."

We all looked at her confused and she spoke up again.

"I will see you again,"she nodded, taking Lauren's hand in hers. "We will meet again; the both of us, ALL of us, will meet again. In nine months or less, we will see each other again. Me and Ally want you guys there for her birthing."

We all nodded in agreement before making a group hug that lasted for what seemed like forever.

When we pulled away, Dinah wiped her tears and Lauren helped her.

"Hey c'mon,"Lauren said with a smile. "Bad bitches don't cry."

Lauren then laughed and Dinah playfully rolled her eyes, "Bad bitches get emotional too."

"That explains my eyes leaking,"Mani said before chuckling.

"Oh my gosh,"I smiled before hugging Mani.

Lauren and Dinah hugged around us and said our last goodbyes.