Chapter Twenty-Two

Lauren'sPOV
I am not suppose to be here. I was expecting to see God. And he's not here. I must didn't make it. Shit. Maybe next time.

My body hurts. My head hurts. My arms are asleep and numb. I feel horrible. My neck has a crook in it. I'm cold. I'm hungry as a bitch. My throat is so dry that swallowing my own saliva just won't fucking cut it. And my mouth is so dry that I don't even think I can make my own saliva to swallow.

I open my eyes slowly, my sight a bit blurry. I have no idea how long I've slept. But I must admit that it was the best sleep I've had in a long time. I try to turn my head but it hurts so bad I just lay there staring at the wall for a few minutes.

My fingers look a little pale from what I can see, and I'm sure I probably look pale and dehydrated. I feel like I have sleep paralysis because my legs won't move. And my arms are so numb I can't move them either.

So again I lay there, staring at the nude wall, reading the hospital posters that I'm sure are the same in every room. The scratch below my jawline itches, but I can't scratch it because I can't raise my arm. So I slowly raise my shoulder and rubbed the side of my face against it, that doing some justice but not much because the bandage is covering it.

My head itches like crazy. My stomach is in knots. I want a hot shower. I need a hot shower. I'm freezing. And I'm really hating this so—called gown with my ass all out.

I'm uncomfortable...but I can't really move. The IV's are hooked up to me and there's shit hooked on my fingers. I haven't had sleep paralysis since I was nine, and I was hoping at that time that I never have it again. But I guess my wish didn't come true.

I just want some water. Or some tea. My throats feels like I've talked for hours.

I want a hug. I want to cuddle. I want McDonald's. I want my bed. I want so much right now that I can't get because I can't leave.

I sigh deeply and decided to try moving again so I start with my head. I slowly try moving it back on the pillow and I succeed. I then try moving my legs and I succeed. So I stretched them and decided to move my arms within the action and stretched them as well to fully wake my body up.

I shift my body to turn the opposite side I woke up on and see someone laid out on the chair beside me.

They were sleeping so hard I could hear how hard they were breathing.

It took me forever to reach my hand out to lift their hoodie and when I did—just to get their face, my eyes grew wide and my heart warmed my whole body. It's....w-wait are you serious?

It's my Ally....I pull her hoodie off her head. OH MY GOSH ITS ALLY. And is that my fucking hoodie?? I can't believe my eyes right now. What is she doing here and why??? She hates me.

I smile widely and watch her sleep in awe, she's literally the finest girl I've ever set eyes on. Just beautiful as hell. She looks so warm, meanwhile I'm so cold and I really want to cuddle her. I missed her so much.

Storming out that office like I did yesterday was a bit extra, I must admit. I really wanted to turn around and walk in there and apologize, but my pride wouldn't let me. I had so much anger built up inside that I decided to end it all. I had been wanting to do it for a long time.

I thought to maybe overdose in the hotel room, but I always got distracted and changed my mind. So while I waited at the light, I didn't think, I didn't hesitate. I saw the rig, I saw my life and how much I didn't really care for it, so I took the chance to end it. Unfortunately, I'm still on planet earth, so I guess that means God didn't accept my request for coming home.