Chapter Thirty-Three

• • •

• • •

"I don't wanna leave my babyyyy,"Lauren whined as she wrapped her arms around my waist from behind. We were in line at Starbucks, her favorite place in the world. Today was the day. Her future was only a plane ride away and I'm so excited for her.

"Awww my babylove,"I cooed and I held her arms."You're so cute, but ya gotta. Just a few days. You'll be back in no time."

"I know but...I'm gonna miss you."She smiled before kissing my jaw.

I couldn't help but blush. I love when she shows me public affection. Yes baby, show 'em who I belong to.

"These few days will fly back, trust me."I told her. "Your future is only a plane ride and I am so proud of you. I'm excited to see what all this trip brings."

"I love that you believe in me so much."She kissed my jaw again.

I frowned a little. "Of course I do. You're very talented and you're the smartest person I know. Plus, you believe in me so much, why can't I do the same for you?"

She squeezed me tighter and pulled me closer, her print against my backside. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."I smiled before turning to give her a quick kiss on the lips. When I turned back around, it was our turn to order.

Due to traffic, it pushed us behind and Lauren's plane takes off in fifteen minutes.

I rushed to help her get her things out the trunk, running with her into the airport.

She looked at me with sad eyes-I guess realizing that she was actually leaving before pulling me in roughly for a tight hug.

"Damn I'm gonna miss your fine ass,"She mumbled in my hair before pulling away abruptly.

"I'll miss you more,"I said with love. She cupped my cheeks and kissed me hard but with love. It was definitely one of those "I'll miss you" kisses and I grew fond of it within that one-or-two seconds.

She pulled away and kissed my forehead before I handed her things and watched her run down the airport to her plane. Gosh I'm gonna miss her.

While making my way into my condo, my phone went off. It was a text from Lauren.

My Babylove 😍💍🖇
I love you and I'll miss youuu! Be safe and take care. back be soon, bebe. BESOS!!💋💋

Me
I love you more sweet thang 😌😋 be careful ♥️ call me when you land 😘

My Babylove 😍💍🖇
I gotchu ♥️♥️

...

About an hour later-I wanna say two, I heard someone knock on the door. I looked up from my phone and got up from the couch to answer it.

I made sure to get the peephole fixed down so that I could see through it.

"Hey Will."I greeted while leaning against the door.

"Hey."he said uneasy. "Can I talk to you?"

I didn't know how I felt about the way he was acting but I let him in anyway.

"You want water? Juice?"I asked, being polite.

"Nah, I'm good."He said while shaking his head. I shrugged and walked into the living room with him, signaling that he could sit down.

"I need to talk to you."He says and I nod.

"About?"I questioned.

"Us..."he says lowly.

I knew what he said but I wanted to hear it again.

"Say what now?"I leaned closer, just to make sure I heard right.

"I need to talk to you about us."He says clearly before looking from the floor to me.

"Why?"I frowned a little.

"I waited to come talk to you because I knew Lauren mentioned she was leaving for Atlanta earlier today."He started. "But truth is, I'm really feelin you and...I want you."

My eyes grew wide. "I-I'm sorry....what??"

"I want you."he repeated.

"Why?"I said while straightening my posture. My wig was slipping, I couldn't even believe he said that just now.

"That's the thing; I don't know why."He shrugged. "It's something about you that I can't exactly put my finger on. I just know I like it and I like you. I gotta have you, girl."

"Well you can't."I said coldly. "You know I'm in relationship."

"Well lemme ask you this: are you happy?"

I frowned. "Yes, I'm happy. Very happy."

"But how do you feel about me though?"He asks. He's still not getting.

"I feel that you were my manager and a friend and that all you need to be. Being my boyfriend is not happening. I love Lauren and I would never do that to her. You know that."I explained to him.

"Oh c'mon."He stood up. "How you know she loves you so much?? Every relationship Lauren has been in, she's cheated within the first two months. What makes you think she won't cheat on you?"

"Because not only does she tell me, but it's written all over her face when I'm in her presence."I stood up after her. "If anything, she's sprung. And she's changed within the last two years, she won't cheat on me."

"What makes you think she won't though?"He asks again. He was really getting on my nerves. "You're no different from the rest."

"Because no one will ever love and sex her like I do. That's a whole fact and me and her both know she'll never find another girl like this one. They'll come close but they'll NEVER BE ME."I scolded.

"Ally I'm just try-"

"I think it's time for you to go."I interrupted while directing him towards the door.

"Ally I'm sorry. I just-"

"I don't wanna hear it."I shook my head while opening the door. "Get out."

He didn't say anything, he just walked out with his hands in his back pockets and his head down. And before he could make an attempt to speak again, I closed the door. I don't even feel bad.