Chapter 22

"Remind me again why we're here," Kai asks looking around as the group was getting ready to leave with (Y/n) and (J/g/n) on a journey to defeat an evil spider. And to think it all started just because of Jay breaking up with the (F/c) ninja.

    "Kai you seriously know why we're here, we're here to help (Y/n) save her kingdom and once that's over we can go home," Cole said packing a few extra snacks in a bag they were given. Up until now they still had mixed feelings helping the kingdom but after all, it was (Y/N) who asked for their help alone to help. They couldn't leave a teammate even if she didn't want them in the first place. 

   "I know that much, but why are we helping her. I'm sure that if we said no she would already bring us back home and leave us alone. We wouldn't have to see her again or (J/g/n)" Kai retorted. This confused the others as to why he was acting weirdly about the whole situation, it was the complete opposite of him. It would be Jay who is complaining and him trying to state the facts. " All I'm saying it she could do it herself and yet asks the group of guys with one being her ex for help."

   They didn't know how to react to that comment, especially coming from him of all guys. Even before they could say anything back to the porcupine, the door opens revealing an annoyed (Y/n) who had to hide her anger with a loud sigh. Looking up at the boys, they could tell she was furious with them but didn't say a word. Glancing at Kai, he had his head down not in shame but in embarrassment leaving him to his thoughts. She then explains that they are ready for them and have to leave once the ninja finish. 

   Coming out, the ninja we're shocked to see both girls waiting for them with a strange creature besides them eating. Well, this place is weird after all so they don't want to ask any unnecessary questions. (J/g/n) sees them coming and smiles warmly while (Y/n) didn't even give them the time of day, which coming from her is now a natural thing happening.

   "I'm guessing you're all wondering what this creature is" (y/n) ask now turning to the creature and completely ignoring the brothers without a care in the world. Reaching to stroke the creatures feather as they enjoy the attention. "This is a Hippogriff; half-eagle, half-horse, and even lion. They usually are hard to tame and once they are they became close friends to their tamer. Luckily for you, all these are mostly the longer tamed ones because if they weren't you be in the hospital by now."

   I think she's still mad at us,  all the boys though as they can see her glare directed toward them. Slowly each Hippogriff was able to hold at least two each so share and the order were made. Luckily for the exs' they all were divided from each other, (y/n) & (j/g/n) were together. After everyone was ready to start the Hippogriffs were already in flight with some of the brothers screaming for their lives and even holding on for their lives. 

~YOUR POV~

   While on the flight I was able to let (J/g/n) have the hippogriff ride to herself while I called for one of my familiars and I was able to glide through the skies. Behind us were the boys and Jay being Jay was already having a sickness. Feeling sorry for the Hippogriff I call it closer to me, slowly I guide it to move more gently and less wild. Without trying to be noticeable I could see Jay looking at me with somewhat gratitude, looks like old habits die hard. Soon enough we were able to make camp in a nearby unaffected village and be taken into a guest home. 

   "Say (Y/n) if it's alright, it would interesting to learn more about your family heritage? In the past, you barely even talk about your family and now we've learned so much about you" Zane asks looking at me with curiosity. The other brothers look at me as well as soon as he asks the question. Looking into the flames that lite up our hut I could only stare at them. Feeling a hand over my own I look to see (J/g/n) who was smiling at me. With a wave of my hand, the flames dance into creating my story.