Chapter 29

WORDS: 2500+

I stare at the fruit in his hand in pure shock. How in the blazes did he get a fruit?! The last time he tried to he ended up almost like the damn egg from children's books. Although he was saved by me but still moving on.

Glaring at him I don't make a move to grab it or even move away from him in general, he would ask anyways. So I simply just stare right at him with a blank expression back on my face. Trying to hold back any more shock on my face I look toward him.

"How did you even get one? The last I remember you aren't exactly a good climber and you almost became the damn egg" I ask, genuinely curious about how he got it. He looks to me before back to the fruit.

"It's good to have a bird friend who knows how to harvest and also fly" he replies sitting down once more. I forgot he has Sentry on his side, figures. If it was Kai then the whole forest would have gone after their bodies.

I slowly take a seat as I continue to stare right at Jay. He finally seems to be fidgeting from my gaze, is that a blush I'm seeing. Rolling my eyes I look away to see him getting more comfortable once my attention when somewhere else from a second. Once my eyes went back to him, his attention was toward me.

Instead of seeing his nervous or anxious blue eyes, they seem to hold a stern gaze. This is something you don't see every day. He places the fruit gently on the ground between us as he fixed his sitting position. Now we're both facing each other.

"You have some kind of point to bringing the Lantern fruit here? I've already told you all I know about this fruit so how will it magically help you in this case" I grumble. He just stares at me for a second before trying to hand it to me. Now I'm just looking at him with a questionable expression. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm giving you the fruit."

"I don't want it. What if you contaminated it?"

"How can I do that to a fruit?"

"Hmmm you're right, I mean...you aren't that smart to do something like that."

"Hey, I take offense to that insult."

"No it was a compliment" I reply with my witty remark. Jay just rolls his eyes at me and I just smirk. Well, this was fun.

But all jokes aside he looks at me before pushing the fruit into my stomach. I simply stare at him then the fruit and back to him. I could see the firm confirmation that he wants me to take it. So without another choice I just hold it in my hand.

---3RD POV---

Just as it touches (Y/n)'s hands, it illuminated the entire room causing (Y/n) to squint from the light. It was so bright that the two wanted to cover their eyes, but couldn't. For that was just staring right at each other. One filled with pure love toward the other and the second was anxious from the sudden realization.

Jay legit just confessed his undying love to her and even confirmed it by giving her one of the loving fruit from the Illuminating Lantern Tree. Not only that but his words came true all because the precious fruit was glowing brightly.

"...if it is given to a loved one then it will continue to glow. Showing the strong love between the two..."

Oh, how her words were used against her at this very moment. She would yell at herself for being a storyteller to the ginger in front of her. With a sigh, she will just have to accept it. That whatever Jay is saying, it true.